Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know of some good largemouth and smallmouth bass fishing lakes in CO? I know many of us like to keep these places secret, but if you're willing, can you send me a PM and provide me some of your knowledge? The only places that I know are Quincy, Chatfield, and Cherry Creek. I've never had much luck at these places. Got myself a new rod and reel and would really like to give it some good use! I also have a U-boat and would preferably like to be fishing in the water with it. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
Hit up Chatty Dam with a 3" Senko.. You'll get a ton of small smallies

Hit up Rocky Mountain Arsenal on any Tuesday, Saturday or Sunday for Largies(C&R, no bait(Besides processed stink bait), and barb less hooks only)

other than that i would just suggest getting out to ANY body of water you can and give it a try. Seems to be more places up north for LMB then down south IMO.

·
Registered
4,731 Posts
Ask the same question on fish exterminator...I'm sure they's be willing to help ya out. I'm sorry, dumb question. Where's a mod to move this post when ya need one.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
colonative said:
Ask the same question on fish exterminator...I'm sure they's be willing to help ya out. I'm sorry, dumb question. Where's a mod to move this post when ya need one.
Fish Exterminator could rival Fish Exploiter! LMAO :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
28 Posts
The ponds near the Jail in Fort Collins all kinds just
use a few colored mister twister lures
or grasshopper looking baits as they are the natural bait in area.

flyingjighead

·
Registered
50 Posts
Weezy, people like you used to be a rarity, unfortunately you are far more common now. I grew up with people not only willing to but wanting to help other fisherman. I tell people where I fish how I fish, what I use to fish with, and if they are having trouble, I will even tie up there rig.

Even though I understand not wanting a specific spot swamped with people, it amazes me that you have a problem with a fisherman, (a true fisherman) giving advice about what lake to fish. Being stingy with knowledge is one thing, but having a problem with other people imparting knowledge is ridiculous.
James

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
jwgottabass said:
Weezy, people like you used to be a rarity, unfortunately you are far more common now. I grew up with people not only willing to but wanting to help other fisherman. I tell people where I fish how I fish, what I use to fish with, and if they are having trouble, I will even tie up there rig.

Even though I understand not wanting a specific spot swamped with people, it amazes me that you have a problem with a fisherman, (a true fisherman) giving advice about what lake to fish. Being stingy with knowledge is one thing, but having a problem with other people imparting knowledge is ridiculous.
James
I have no problem teaching someone HOW to fish - but giving them specific locations is another thing altogether.

I have seen enough trashed lakes, fished out small ponds, poaching, etc... that I refuse to discuss locations any longer.

I think most people out there have good intentions, but it's all the "guests" and people who just browse all this information I worry about.

There is a neat little private message option if you really need location tips ;)

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thus the reason why I stated in the initial post that if you were willing to share but didn't want everyone knowing to just pm me. Thanks guys for all the info! I'll be hitting these places up with my g loomis glx rod and shimano reel 8)

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
Chatfield, Quincey, and Atown...

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have no problem helping others its better to have someone know where to go and have fun. Of course they are hidden gems but, don't mention them.

Fishing a great way to have fun. I had to learn how to fish and I have been fishing all my life in MN.

CO is just a little different and the term trout lines means a little because if you think about it that is how most of the best rigs are a wieght on bottom and the hooks above.

Its a constant learning process but, what a great way to spend time.

If you need any help let me know I will give anything I can to help you find a good lake.
FlyingJig head

1 - 20 of 30 Posts