Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in the Littleton area and I have always loved catfishing but Colorado isn't exactly known for its catfish. I was wondering if there were any good lakes or ponds where I could have some good catfishing fun.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
head east
I know that out east has some good catfishing but I don't know where to try. I know that I would have to travel a good ways so I can't go whenever i want. Are there any good lakes that you know of or at least places that I could camp and spend a good few days trying?

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
I have put in many hours at Chatty with no luck. Are there any good spots at Chatty that you would comfortable in sharing?
Not catfish flats... The name lies.

Time of year plays into it alot. Study up on what cats do in the Spring, then Summer.

Hint: like most warmwater fish they don't enjoy real cold or real hot temps... And what do they eat? Where do they find it?

·
Registered
67 Posts
For just general locations, I would do a search on the forum for past fishing reports. Lots of great info compiled over the years.

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Where did you hide the million dollars Byron?

·
P I K E
10,114 Posts
I bet it's close to hobie's brookie spot! ::)

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
head towards the southeast, when you start hearing people talk with a southern twang your in good catfish territory.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks everyone for the advice! I put some good research in and I decided to go to Chatty and try some catfishing tonight and I caught a good 20lb cat. This is a poor picture because I went alone but I had an amazing time fighting this monster and I will be back out there again soon!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Thanks everyone for the advice! I put some good research in and I decided to go to Chatty and try some catfishing tonight and I caught a good 20lb cat. This is a poor picture because I went alone but I had an amazing time fighting this monster and I will be back out there again soon!
Nice, dude! Way to get out there and make it happen!!!

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Congrats! Ain't it a sweet reward to find your own fish?

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Damn you caught s bigger cat than Oprah has caught in Colorado or Tennessee

1 - 20 of 30 Posts