Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went exploring briefly this morning and wanted to share this with the forum. I had my car broken into in the Adams county parking lot off 224/74th ave over by engineers. Was gone only 45-60min and when I came back my window was smashed and the only thing taken was my entire tackle bag with close to $1000 worth of tackle in it. Guess they weren't interested in the thousands of dollars of construction tools sitting right next to it. Make sure everyone takes care to not leave valuables in your car when fishing. Cop told me it happens a lot at that parking area. Large blue Plano soft bag with boxes of cranks, jerkbaits, jigs, swimbaits etc. this all happened at 10:30am which is the scary part... If anyone has any info or sees someone with a large 370 system blue Plano bag pm me. It's a long shot but you just never know.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Sorry to hear you got ripped off. I only leave my shoes on the driver side floor and snowbrush on the back seat - everything else is locked in the trunk; very unfortunate it has come to this...

·
Registered
7,804 Posts
WTF? That's shitty dude. Sorry to hear it! It would seem the crook in question is a fisherman. What the hell kind of fisherman steals from another fisherman?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah wishing I had a trunk... Stupid SUVs. Ironically I met another gentleman when I showed up who was walking back from the river with his gold panning equipment. We talked for 10 min... Very nice guy. He mentioned that he leaves a hard hat in his window to make his truck look "official" so no one messes with his truck. The irony kills me but I can't picture that guy leaving and them coming back to steal my fishing tackle... I considered it but he had a very nice truck, well dressed and gave me some gold panning tips. A park maintenance guy was there when I got back and said he saw a silver sedan with two kids leaving and noted they were staring at him as they drove off.

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Man! Horrible feeling
Thanks for posting the info

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Sorry to hear about your loss, I like that lake and I don't frequent it because I was leery about the safety of the vehicle being parked there. Your experience has confirmed my reservations about that place. I believe What comes around goes around, whoever did it will get whats coming to them in time.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Man! that really BITES!
I hope somehow they get caught and prosecuted!

Mac

·
Registered
96 Posts
Sorry to hear this ****. That tackle might very well end up in a local pawn shop or a local beach. Not all people are assholes-but they're out there.

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
Slayerfish
Lol I did leave a small tacklebox once on my bumper once when I was packing my backpack in the west lot at atown and it was gone when I walked back...Slayer did tell me if I didnt want it stolen that I shouldnt of left it where it could be stolen so yes he could be a suspect!

Sorry you had your gear stolen...hopefully they get impaled by each and every hook...the guy is obviously a fisherman...so if you are reading this you ought to be ashamed of yourself you dirtball...DO THE RIGHT THING AND GIVE THE MAN BACK HIS TACKLE!!!...

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
Back when i lived in AZ(circa 2005) I had left ALL of my fishing gear(At that time it was pretty modest compaired to what i have built back up to now) in my carport and a few days later when i went to go fishing i couldnt find my gear.. i knew I had left it in my carport but looked EVERYWHERE just in case i moved it and forgot.... Never ended up finding it and actually had to start from scratch!! :(

Anyway point is i know how you feel!! If that was all or most of your tackle and you need help getting back fishing just post up and i am sure that myself and others will be able/willing to help!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Glad everyone is readin my post. I just want everyone to be wary of leaving stuff in your car. I usually roll around with a big assortment because I never know where I might end up... Maybe off work early so where can I fish nearby that day. Guess I'm going to have to rethink my habits.

There is def a sign in that parking lot but honestly I feel like I see those signs quite often. I mean really if the police or county knows it is a problem and puts up two long winded signs stating the obvious, why not a small sign with 5 powerful words... "This Lot Under Video Surveillance"

Seems like a lot of people use little stickers or signs to make crooks second guess breaking into homes that might have a security system. I have found most of those homes use it purely as a deterrent.

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
I had my bolted on bike rack, the kind you would need two wrenches to remove and crawl underneath my rear truck bumper to remove stolen from the east dam lot on a crowded full parking summer day a few years back...came back from riding to the back of atown went to put my bike on and it was gone...prolly slayer...

·
Registered
6,425 Posts
Time for a stakeout!

Do you have any pics of your tackle trays open? List of baits?

...will keep an eye out

1 - 20 of 26 Posts