Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

Good day/bad day

960 views 25 replies 19 participants last post by  zebco 
#1 ·
Went exploring briefly this morning and wanted to share this with the forum. I had my car broken into in the Adams county parking lot off 224/74th ave over by engineers. Was gone only 45-60min and when I came back my window was smashed and the only thing taken was my entire tackle bag with close to $1000 worth of tackle in it. Guess they weren't interested in the thousands of dollars of construction tools sitting right next to it. Make sure everyone takes care to not leave valuables in your car when fishing. Cop told me it happens a lot at that parking area. Large blue Plano soft bag with boxes of cranks, jerkbaits, jigs, swimbaits etc. this all happened at 10:30am which is the scary part... If anyone has any info or sees someone with a large 370 system blue Plano bag pm me. It's a long shot but you just never know.

#5 ·
Yeah wishing I had a trunk... Stupid SUVs. Ironically I met another gentleman when I showed up who was walking back from the river with his gold panning equipment. We talked for 10 min... Very nice guy. He mentioned that he leaves a hard hat in his window to make his truck look "official" so no one messes with his truck. The irony kills me but I can't picture that guy leaving and them coming back to steal my fishing tackle... I considered it but he had a very nice truck, well dressed and gave me some gold panning tips. A park maintenance guy was there when I got back and said he saw a silver sedan with two kids leaving and noted they were staring at him as they drove off.

#9 ·
Sorry to hear about your loss, I like that lake and I don't frequent it because I was leery about the safety of the vehicle being parked there. Your experience has confirmed my reservations about that place. I believe What comes around goes around, whoever did it will get whats coming to them in time.

#16 ·
Back when i lived in AZ(circa 2005) I had left ALL of my fishing gear(At that time it was pretty modest compaired to what i have built back up to now) in my carport and a few days later when i went to go fishing i couldnt find my gear.. i knew I had left it in my carport but looked EVERYWHERE just in case i moved it and forgot.... Never ended up finding it and actually had to start from scratch!! :(

Anyway point is i know how you feel!! If that was all or most of your tackle and you need help getting back fishing just post up and i am sure that myself and others will be able/willing to help!

#18 ·
Glad everyone is readin my post. I just want everyone to be wary of leaving stuff in your car. I usually roll around with a big assortment because I never know where I might end up... Maybe off work early so where can I fish nearby that day. Guess I'm going to have to rethink my habits.

There is def a sign in that parking lot but honestly I feel like I see those signs quite often. I mean really if the police or county knows it is a problem and puts up two long winded signs stating the obvious, why not a small sign with 5 powerful words... "This Lot Under Video Surveillance"

Seems like a lot of people use little stickers or signs to make crooks second guess breaking into homes that might have a security system. I have found most of those homes use it purely as a deterrent.

#19 ·
I had my bolted on bike rack, the kind you would need two wrenches to remove and crawl underneath my rear truck bumper to remove stolen from the east dam lot on a crowded full parking summer day a few years back...came back from riding to the back of atown went to put my bike on and it was gone...prolly slayer...

#21 ·
No pics unfortunately. I did have blue painters tape or masking tape labels on each box labeling the category of baits and there were various baits I had painted or that had triple grip trebles which had hand tied feathers on them. Some custom paint jobs I did as well, all things which are easily identifiable as one of a kind or not out of the package. Labels said things like walleye jerkbaits, bass jerkbaits, hard baits, bass cranks, top water and so on.

#24 ·
I saw a guy checking all the doors on cars in a lake fishing parking lot while I was in my float tube. If people would take action and report jerks like this it might put a stop to this behavior. Trouble is the cops don't seem to do too much. I went to the outhouse one day and when I got back my power fins were gone. I had a good idea who took them but I couldn't prove it. But I made it clear to him I would personally take action if I caught him in the act! Sucks big time!

#25 ·
This was basically the same bag I had. The thing to note is most bags are pretty flashy or have multiple colors. This was is all blue with a small yellow plano logo. It also has carry handles and a shoulder strap which aren't seen in this photo. It took a lot of searching to find this image so I imagine it is an older and uncommon bag.

http://www.popscreen.com/p/MTE0NjExMTE1/Plano-Guide-Series-tackle-bag-softsided-eBay

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.