Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
20 fish day in early February on a tailwater with streamers and no one on the water we fished. Yeah!

·
Registered
11,847 Posts
pics of anything!!! Pretty worthless report!!! Sorry bugz, but you gotta step your game up!

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
I dunno streamers are working on tailwater...go get some tail!

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Water temp was 46 yesterday down where we were fishing. Much higher than I expected. Yesterdays sun and temps and how far from the dam we were fishing must have made all the difference in water temp and got the fish awake and hungry. The location also made all the difference with the lack of people fishing the water we targeted. It was a Nice warm Saturday after all. I tried the usual, strike indicator, lead, attractor and small midge with no love (#22 Black beauty and candycane). The person I was fishing with was killing it on white jigs. Glad that I had a few streamers with me! Most of the fish were caught within 2-3 hours midday, then it slowed down considerably. Most of the fish were in the 11-12 inch class so not picture worthy. But still fast action in Feb!!!! Can't complain. 2 were small mouth bass, the rest were slimers. I only took one pic of a nice fish that my fishing partner for the day caught. It is up to him to post the pic if he wants too. He is a forum member.

Well is that better Oyey? You should be able to figure out everything you want to know from that info if you are somewhat worthy of the information..... So if you figure out the location keep it to yourself!:nono:

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Pic of tape measure, please!
Are ya fahhckin happy now Slayer? Mercy killing. Some filthy bait fisherman :lol: left a giant hook in it's throat and it was slowly starving...:sad:

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
I was the other fishing partner. We both had over 20 fish days just like Bugz said. Mine were all caught on jigs that Bugz had tied except for the biggest one shown below that one was caught on a Reaction Strike XRM. What Bugz did fail to tell everyone was that all but three of those fish were caught between 10 am and noon.

Special thanks to Bugz for having the "huevos" to actually follow through with the invite and show up an go along. Unlike someone else on here who talked a good game, had me scout something out for them and ended up going with someone else. What a Jackhole.....:nono:

P.S.- Bugz I'll be ordering some more of those jigs you tied me. I'll pm you on Monday with that order buddy. Thanks

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sounds good grumpy. It was fun getting out on the water with you! I was skeptical that jigs would work on that water in feb. You proved me wrong in short order! :thumb:

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
Unlike someone else on here who talked a good game, had me scout something out for them and ended up going with someone else. What a Jackhole.....:nono:
let's hear a name... that might save us from making the same mistake.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
In case anyone is interested here are some pics of the jigs I tied for grumpyninja. But FYI I am not price competitive with bangladeshi women working for a bowl of rice a day. These are quality American made jigs.

·
Registered
11,847 Posts
Water temp was 46 yesterday down where we were fishing. Much higher than I expected. Yesterdays sun and temps and how far from the dam we were fishing must have made all the difference in water temp and got the fish awake and hungry. The location also made all the difference with the lack of people fishing the water we targeted. It was a Nice warm Saturday after all. I tried the usual, strike indicator, lead, attractor and small midge with no love (#22 Black beauty and candycane). The person I was fishing with was killing it on white jigs. Glad that I had a few streamers with me! Most of the fish were caught within 2-3 hours midday, then it slowed down considerably. Most of the fish were in the 11-12 inch class so not picture worthy. But still fast action in Feb!!!! Can't complain. 2 were small mouth bass, the rest were slimers. I only took one pic of a nice fish that my fishing partner for the day caught. It is up to him to post the pic if he wants too. He is a forum member.

Well is that better Oyey? You should be able to figure out everything you want to know from that info if you are somewhat worthy of the information..... So if you figure out the location keep it to yourself!:nono:
Haha, well done! I was giving you **** in my post! Great info in this post, though.. I do know where you were and figured that from your first post. These temps are weird.. not sure I approve.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
These temps are weird.. not sure I approve.
I am just glad that the ice fishing is getting risky. Means real fishing is right around the corner!:eek:

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Bugz you sure tie up some nice lures and flies.
x2

I know first hand and one in particular took a beating and still looks like new after 20 some fish caught numerous LDR's and thousands of rocks it bounced off. No comparison in aggressive strikes on the hand tied vs the mass produced either. He hit the nail on the head for what I describe I was looking for.

He's da man :hail: and price is relevant to quality in my book.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
looks like good day out, and an entertaining thread. Bugz starts off and tries to be all downlow about the location, then grumpy ninja shows the pic and gives it away with the backround. then Bugz pulls his gutted rainbow from the freezer to appease slayers request for a tape measure pic. Thanks for the pics, reports with out pics suck.

·
Registered
16,622 Posts
Hey Grump, I wasnt gonna drive all that way unless I knew it was open. Besides I made a good choice with those howling winds-

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
then grumpy ninja shows the pic and gives it away with the backround.
Fordo, I don't care about giving away locations on a river everyone fishes. Its the techniques that I won't share with everyone......Not everyone catches big bows consistently in the winter on heavily pressured water.

I'm no different than any other true fisherman on this site. I just don't post as often (but I do read and read between the lines extremely well). :eyebrows:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts