Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

Good deal?

2K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  andyrm66 
#1 ·
Found this for sale in Tennessee. Good deal?

2 man pontoon, trolling motor, battery, trailer.

$500

See less See more
#3 ·
The more I look at available boats out there, the less inclined I am to buy this. I was primarily looking at it for the small little lakes around Monterey that aren't big enough to warrant an outboard. But if I saved another $500, I could get a significantly larger and better boat that can mount an outboard.

I like this one for the way its set up and the size to match up with the waters out there, but if I wanted to go to Dale Hollow or something, I would need an outboard.

#5 ·
Copy that. Yea, the pricetag, seats, and motor were eye candy.. But its prob not the right direction to go in. 14-16 foot VHull with a live well and motor mount is probably the best way, even out there--- where 80 MPH winds don't pop up out of nowhere.

I just need to save up for a few months and buy the right thing.

#7 ·
I've seen a guy catch some big Lakers in one of those things..he leaned way over off the side of the boat. He leaned so far it made me nervous for him. But dude never went swimming and I think he could troll his lines better than me in the canoe. He could also carry it solo which I thought was cool.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.