Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went out this morning after staring at the full moon all night.  I figured the bite would still be good and I was RIGHT for once.  Good Friday lived up to it name.  Here is a pic of the two walleyes that I kept out of 7 that I caught this morning.  The smaller one was 19 3/4" and the larger one was 21 3/4" and no they are not the same walleyes that I posted on Wed.  All the walleyes that I've filleted out have completely emepty stomachs and no eggs or anything else for that matter.  Enjoy, I now I will. ;D

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
I let three of the four keeprs I have caught go, but one that I filleted has an empty stomach also. Good job!

Its funny, I looked at the full moon last night and decided against calling in sick today. Wrong choice as usual, LOL.

·
Registered
636 Posts
You da man Roth2000. I went yesterday and was there from 5:40 p.m until closing. Throwing out husky jerks, senkos, x-raps, and even my new pointer 78. Not even one bite!!! Even tried different retrieves and such. Did see a lot of big fish cruising, mostly bass and trout. One (trout) must have been at least a 10lber. Fished by the tower. Either you are good and I just suck or both.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Roth,

Were you anchored by one of the bouy's  by the fishing pier. I saw somone in a red pontoon boat when I was fishing this morning at Aurora. I am actually of thinking of going back to Aurora at 5:00 p.m in my pontoon boat. How was the wind when you left?

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah I was the guy anchored to the bouy. My feet got really cold so I anchored up to get my feet warmed up. The wind started to pick up when I left at around noon. Sorry for the late reply but hopefully you were able to figure them out this afternoon.
HookNLine said:
Yo good job man. Were u on your pimp boat or land?
I was out on my boat but the walleye are shallow right now so I think that they can be caught from shore.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Nice fish! I fished Aurora tonight from about 6:30 until close. The wind was blowing hard from the south and the waves were crashing the dam pretty hard, a good sign I thought. I switched back and forth between a 4" Yamamoto grub and a Rogue. I caught 1 walleye as soon as I got there, a skinny 17 incher. That was it, nothing more the rest of the night. At least I avoided the skunk though. 8)

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
gotmuskie? said:
Did see a lot of big fish cruising, mostly bass and trout. One (trout) must have been at least a 10lber. Fished by the tower. Either you are good and I just suck or both.
I fished near the tower from the dam Tuesday morning and I also saw a bunch of fishing cruising the shore but just at that spot. There was some BIG shadows out a little further that I couldn't make out. Maybe they were the trout that you talked about or maybe something else. Won't be long before the wiper get going.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts