Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I were talking about Good Friday and we were wondering why they call it Good Friday. That is the day they crucified and killed Jesus so why is it good? Who has the answer?

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
pistol pete said:
My wife and I were talking about Good Friday and we were wondering why they call it Good Friday. That is the day they crucified and killed Jesus so why is it good? Who has the answer?
all our sins were forgiven with his sacrifice. nothin better than that ;)

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
FYI anyone looking for a church thats more like a rock concert than a church check out flatirons church in lafayette or red rocks church in golden. wear your hat, t shirt and torn jeans and you'll fit right in at both places. too many boring stuffy old churches out there.

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
pistol pete said:
Very good question, Pistol Pete, that I think many people never think to ask. Whenever I have referred to it in messages around this time of year (I'm a former pastor and still speak sometimes), I try to address this very thing. Basically FPF is on the right track in focusing on the word "good" in a deeper way than we sometimes do. It was "good" in the sense that the incredible "goodness" of God was shown in sacrificing his own perfect Son (on the cross that "Friday") so that we, by accepting what he did for us, might be forgiven of all our sin and brought into a right relationship with God. That's the message of the gospel.

But yes, you're right that "Good Friday" seems a strange name for it on the surface, because it was also a very awful day at the same time.

Hope that's of some help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts