Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellas,
     My grandmother is in town and she is in a wheelchair :-\. The problem is that she can only walk very short distances. So my dad and i have been trying to get her out but have had trouble finding places to fish with her. usually i take her to Georgetown because i can literally back the car upto shore. I sometimes go through the hassle of putting grandma in the boat at chatfield. :p
     Which brings me to my next question, ??? I ski at sloans lake and fish at chatfield, but i've only been boating in CO for  2 years now and i've had my fair share of trouble of figuring out that lake, ya'll have so many names for every little structure in the lake as in MN people are a lot more straight forward. I'm as lost with directions in that lake as an eskimo in Mexico. A quick lesson in topography would be fantastic. ;D

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
If you are looking for easy handicap access, you might try at Cherry Creek. Its pretty easy to get to there ahndicap region and you don't have to negotiate a long trail like you do at Chatfield. I really don't know how good the fishing is at CC right now but it might be worth a try.

As for your lesson in topography at Chatfield and the tems we use for things. If you post the specific things you are unclear about I am sure the person referred to it can clear things up for you.

Dan

PS, most bait and tackle places have waterproof maps for around $6. they do a fairly good job with bottom contour and naming the various creeks, picnic areas and other geographical and topographical features.

M

·
0 Posts
Quincy Res. has a dock and handicappers get first priority. I have caught plenty of nice trout and a few bass just fishing from the dock there. You cannot use bait at Quincy though.

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
So does Aurora, They have 1st priority, and they only allow 8 people on it, so it won't be crowded. If you just wanted to take her fishing w/out the boat. I'd try Barbor Ponds. It's right off I-25 (in Longmont). I can think of at least 4 acsessable docks, and a REAL good chance of her catching something. The docks have picnic tables & rod holders on them also. Good Luck.    :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts