Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
these folks have been pushing ice fishing and making it a notable sport for a few years now.  they are trying to get it as popular as bass and walleye fishing with pros etc. they even do an annual magazine that is free. i usually find one at gander mtn, jax, or some place.

but the site is sweet:  www.iceteam.com 

good info, products, pictures, etc.

·
Registered
16,635 Posts
I wish they HADN'T made it so popular-20 years ago we had 11-mile all to ourselves,along with every other lake in Colo. Paradise lost again!

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SLAYERFISH said:
I wish they HADN'T made it so popular-20 years ago we had 11-mile all to ourselves,along with every other lake in Colo. Paradise lost again!
Yeah, bummer. Just like some of us used to have all the crappie, bass, white bass, and walleye fishing almost all to ourselves. Bonnie and NeeNoshe rocked!

·
Registered
171 Posts
You know you could always don some very warm scuba gear, dive under the ice, lurk under peoples holes and clip their lines when they are reeling them in. You would probably freak some people out too with their ice sonar gear seeing a 6 foot long fish just sitting directly under them.

Think of the stories that would come out of that escapade. ;D

·
Registered
16,635 Posts
If I remember correctly,A couple guys from colorado(Hix,maybe?) introduced the short rod,light line,strike indicator type ice fishing that works so well now.Back in the late 70's,early 80's I think.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
iceteam.com is good but a site you may want to avoid is iceshanty.com. Let's all just chat here! People from colorado are some of the nicest people around.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i figured that iceshanty.com relative to colorado icefishing would wane since this site setup an ice fishing page. the only advantage to continuing to keep active on iceshanty.com is that it reaches the west (co, wy, ut) which are places many of greenies fish. like flaming gorge, glendo, pathfinder etc. and those inother states i don't see much on this site.
but hey, who knows if their info is true since its us greenies that horn in their territory.

one other nice advantage about doing all the ice fishing info exchange on this site is the awesome regulation/moderation of all the bashing. if this site can remain info instead of emotional opinion, then i concur.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts