Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend from out of town would like a recommendation for a good Indian restaurant in the Denver area. I'm not a big fan of most of the Indian dishes that I've tried, so I'm not much help. I've heard of the Bombay Clay Oven, but that exhausts my meager knowledge base on this subject.

Any other suggestions?

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
gofindyourowndamnfish said:
A friend from out of town would like a recommendation for a good Indian restaurant in the Denver area. I'm not a big fan of most of the Indian dishes that I've tried, so I'm not much help. I've heard of the Bombay Clay Oven, but that exhausts my meager knowledge base on this subject.

Any other suggestions?
BCO is pretty good. I like Little India...can't go wrong with their lunch buffet. Woot!

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
Star of India is by far the best I've had. Both food and service. Parker and Dartmounth.
[me=Jay] [/me]

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Jewel of India on north Federal (103rd I think) is very nice. Found out hubby liked Indian food!

Little India is a treasure on 6th & Grant. Great staff in the eves, too. Their location on south Downing near Porter Hosp. is good too. Got a smokin' deal from them from Groupon - a $40 gift cert for $20.

Royal India on Colorado and Florida is also good.

Star is also delicious. Just trying to figure out how to take some Butter Chicken or Tikka Massala out on the ice with us in a thermos! (We make our own killer Butter Chicken at home!)

·
Banned
2,918 Posts
Don, I like Indian food quite a bit. If you want an offbeat place - I'd recommend the British Bulldog downtown. The Pakistani food on the menu is pretty tasty and in all honesty, I can't tell the difference.

http://www.britishbulldogdenver.com/images/brochures/p17/12-2009 Bulldog Menu.pdf

I like the Greco-Indian Sandwich (which isn't really Indian), the Peshawari Chicken, and the Saag Paneer.

Their other food is good as well - good quality tasting food.

I don't recommend the fish & chips - a bit too oily for me.

Little India's Downtown sucks....the food quality isn't that great.

I haven't been to this place in a REALLY long time (used to date a woman that loved the place). The food used to be good. The place is called India's - used to be in Tamarac Square but I think they moved across the street.

http://www.indiasrestaurant.com/

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Have had the dinner for two at Royal India. Delicious. Won't leave hungry. Great 'nice dinner out'.

·
Registered
11,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks everyone! I really appreciate the help!! Well try one of them either tomorrow night or Tuesday.

I offered a perch fry at House of GFYODF, but she picked indian instead. :D Prolly had to do with the dessert I was planning. >:D

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Don, for dessert, go with the Kheer or Gulab Jamun. Everybody loves rice pudding, and the 'honey balls' in rose syrup are delish, too.

·
Registered
11,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks, Nancy. I know virtually nothing about Indian food. I've only had it a couple of times and so far I'm not a fan.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts