Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just moved to Highlands Ranch from Arizona. I am glad to be in Colorado and out of the oven! lol.

My daughter is going to be coming up next week, and she is not thrilled about the move. We have done some fishing together in Arizona and she really likes it. I wanted to take her someplace neat where we could get some fish on the line. Give her some good first memories in Colorado before she goes back to AZ to finish out the school year. Any recommendations?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
My II Cents

Is travel time an issue?
Do you have the proper gear to ice fish?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
She is in 7th grade. No ice fishing gear, but travel time shouldn't be too much of an issue.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Ice off can be a hard time to fish if you don't know what your doing, if you want consistency your best bet is to find a stocked trout pond. Which I cannot help you with I really don't know any I never fish for them

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
Ice off can be a hard time to fish if you don't know what your doing, if you want consistency your best bet is to find a stocked trout pond. Which I cannot help you with I really don't know any I never fish for them
If you guys dont mind catching stocker trout this will be a good resource for you:

http://cpw.state.co.us/thingstodo/Pages/StockingReport.aspx

I moved to Highlads Ranch from Az back in 2007(I had previously lived in colorado from 2000-2004) prior to 2000 I grew up in Az most of my life. I now live in Littleton though.

What part of AZ did you come from? I lived in Camp Verde Az most of my life prior to 2000.... When i moved back to Az 2004-2007 I lived in Prescott.... Errrr Preskit as they pronounce it ;)

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
My II Cents

Smart move rvinson, from Highlands to Littleton.

I was in Prescott in the early 80's. Helped move someone there from California and stayed a while. Quaint little town then I thought.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If you guys dont mind catching stocker trout this will be a good resource for you:

http://cpw.state.co.us/thingstodo/Pages/StockingReport.aspx

I moved to Highlads Ranch from Az back in 2007(I had previously lived in colorado from 2000-2004) prior to 2000 I grew up in Az most of my life. I now live in Littleton though.

What part of AZ did you come from? I lived in Camp Verde Az most of my life prior to 2000.... When i moved back to Az 2004-2007 I lived in Prescott.... Errrr Preskit as they pronounce it ;)
I lived in Gilbert and Ahwatukee during my 14 years in AZ. Would there be good fishing at Chatfield? Also where is a good place for fishing reports?

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
Smart move rvinson, from Highlands to Littleton.

I was in Prescott in the early 80's. Helped move someone there from California and stayed a while. Quaint little town then I thought.
My Father in Law lived there for 20+ years..
Was a BIG TIME golfer..
Club pro at Antelope Hills...
Loved watching the Javalina's when We visited...

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Evergreen lake can be ridiculously fishy sometimes. I've been there and caught sixty fish in a couple hours. Every cast was a trout. It's a fun place to get someone started in fishing.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Take a walk up Waterton Canyon. Plenty of fish, beautiful scenery and lots of animals. Can make for a fun day

1 - 14 of 14 Posts