Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

Good place for a begginer

2K views 22 replies 14 participants last post by  dallasdb 
Thanks for the info underground? any particular place at Aurora? Or just cruise the banks until i find a place that looks like it will hold some panfish/small bass? I wilol try my luck at Horsetooth this weekend, and most likely try arsenal on tuesdya morning.
used to fish the west side of aurora about 100 yards from the dam. fish rainbow power bait on the bottom. you will have steady action in the afternoon/evening

a good place to practice your fly casting skills is the Platt between Chatfield spillway and C470. The water is moving but not too fast and there are all kinds of fish in there that come thru the dam.

Over there by the off leash park or closer to the 470?
The area west of the dog park. you never know what you're gonna catch in there. One time it's stockers, the next it's a bunch of 4 - 5 inch smallies. It's not a place to catch fish, but you will catch a few of "some kind of fish". As I said, it's a good place to practice your casting. Park at the south platt park just north of c470 and walk upstream along the west side of the river. If you walk in, you don't have to pay for a park pass. After that, hit clear creek to refine your casting skills on more challenging water and maybe catch a brownie or a bobo. The more you go the better your skills.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.