1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
P I K E
10,116 Posts
They suck...wouldn't waste my money on'em!!! :spy: :biggrin1:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Think I may have ran into you last night at chatfield around 130am on the dam. Asked a guy if he had any luck and said he caught like 6 walleye and showed me those storm swimbaits. We had no luck on the dam, walked past the bridge and threw some jigs, xraps, and leeches with no luck, kept on getting snagged on the damn rocks. Caught probably 6 smallies and 1 huge rainbow on the rocks behind the inspection checkpoint at the marina though.

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Think I may have ran into you last night at chatfield around 130am on the dam. Asked a guy if he had any luck and said he caught like 6 walleye and showed me those storm swimbaits. We had no luck on the dam, walked past the bridge and threw some jigs, xraps, and leeches with no luck, kept on getting snagged on the damn rocks. Caught probably 6 smallies and 1 huge rainbow on the rocks behind the inspection checkpoint at the marina though.
Haha yup that's me! Ya you gotta be careful with the snags. That's why I stopped using expensive **** there. To prevent as many snags as possible, I started my retrieves as soon as my bait hit the water and it worked. I'm going back tonight. The walleye are a lotta fun when you get into em.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Yeah man **** was ridiculous. I probably lost $20 worth of gear last night. We might be heading back up again too. Well probably try the rocky shoreline behind the inspection point again at least at first. Do you know if the depth is deep enough there for the eyes or if were just somehow missing them?

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Yeah man **** was ridiculous. I probably lost $20 worth of gear last night. We might be heading back up again too. Well probably try the rocky shoreline behind the inspection point again at least at first. Do you know if the depth is deep enough there for the eyes or if were just somehow missing them?
I was catching eyes in less than 6ft of water, some less than two or three. During the summer time they go deep during the day cuz they like cold water. At night, they come up to the shallow water along the banks in search for food. That cove is deep enough but I think you'd wanna move further out along the dam towards the deeper water where they'd be coming out of. It's not so much that you wanna fish deeper water but you wanna fish water that's closer to the deeper water. Does that make sense? Lol. Pick up some storms they worked awesome. They hardly get snagged and when they do they pull right out. Ya I've had days where I lost two or three xraps and I realized I had to figure out something else.

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
A lot of my hits were forty to fifty feet from shore but I had a couple that were right next to shore just a few feet in front if me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts