1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everybody,

If you haven't tried this yet, you might want to:

http://earth.google.com/

You can download a free version of it and see how it works. When they are able to have high resolution images of everywhere, I can see using it to look at campgrounds to see how they are situated and where they are relative to the lake. I know lots of folks I work with use it to plan backpacking trips.

With the amount of imagery we have on the net these days, it is amazing what can be done...

Check it out!

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
You can also goto google and type in your complete address, when the search is over look in the top left it will say map of: (your address)On the next page hit the satelite button.

[me=Jay_In_Parker] [/me]

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
That is a sweet site, have you tried the pay version? Before I fork over 20 bucks I would like a recommendation on its functionality. I am impressed by the free version.

Dan

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jay_In_Parker said:
You can also goto google and type in your complete address, when the search is over look in the top left it will say map of: (your address)On the next page hit the satelite button.

[me=Jay_In_Parker] [/me]
Jay,

Yes, I've used that many times too, but did you actually try this app? It goes many steps beyond that in terms of browsing, zooming, 3-D tilts, etc...

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dan said:
That is a sweet site, have you tried the pay version? Before I fork over 20 bucks I would like a recommendation on its functionality. I am impressed by the free version.

Dan
Dan,

I haven't tried the pay version yet -- looks like it would be worthwhile and I will be doing so in the near future. As a side note, I will probably also get the Pro version for work and will let you know how that is...

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dan,

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK, here is a test of a pointer to Pella Crossing. If you have Google Earth installed, it should just open up and show you the map. Then you can right click on the marker and get directions from wherever you happen to be coming from...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts