Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
Youre serious right?...with 4 years of CDOW's death fleet?...one state promotes a diverse fishery and fishing destinations and the other one doesnt...I didnt think there is a dumb question until now...why not just throw out Sloans Lake versus the Gorge?...

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
Steelers got no shot of knocking off ugly assed orange...Antonio Brown is out...

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
And thats not a shot at penis envy the thread starter...but our own shorted sighted DOW...lake John is full of fathead minnows and suckers again...the stupid filter screen doesnt work...will the DOW put fish eating Tiger Trout, Brown Trout, or Tiger Muskies in there?...NOOOOOOO!!!!...and make it a destination fishery...attract $$$ to Walden...no they will poison it again in a year or two...dumb asses...

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
And I have to go to some wiper meeting to convince them to do what they should already be doing...like the politicians they have their own agenda...the fisherman be damned...the laker guys proved that...instead we have to go fo 6969 Broadway and kiss their extremities...the tail is wagging the dog like usual...

·
Registered
902 Posts
is this a troll post???

troll troll troll your boat...

fg all day every day.... are there any guides from mesa posting up 20 pounders every other day?

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
Might be in the guides best interest posting up 20 lbers every other day. Amazing how they keep photoshopping that same fish :smile:

·
Registered
3,589 Posts
In the 90's through early 2000's I would of rated it right up with the Gorge.
Z is right the DPW killed it, they used to put signs on all the bathrooms asking anglers to kill every lake trout they caught.
During those years there was plenty of Kokanee along with a decent population of very fat Lake Trout.
They didn't want Lake Trout and went all in for Kokanee.
Now after multiple years of net killing Lake Trout every spring and fall they had an algae bloom, die off resulting in a crash of the Kokanee and the weakened ones now have gill lice.
the only known way to get rid of gill lice is to just stop stocking Kokanee for several years, the Kokanee's recent trouble's had nothing to do with Lake Trout but the kill program is still going on....Will the DPW ever learn that natural predation from predators helps the overall health of a lake?

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
IMO

Redleader has it right IMO except the koke stocking. I think they waited a few years at 11 Mile before restocking kokes. It didn't work if memory is correct.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts