Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Man, nothing feels better then catching a 30 incher with a small kastmaster. Right place at the right time I suppose like it has been for me all year.

Here is a couple of photos, the second one looks like it had a messed up spine. A video of the adventure if you care to watch: https://youtu.be/GfyqYeHn0lM

Attachments

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Laker Mud Bath
Might a suggest a net
I am just respectfully asking where in my video you see that bud? His tail flopped on the sand for a second and I safely returned him to the water as you see, same thing would have happened with a net.

As far as how many hours I put in, I just head into these adventures and get lucky catching the fish I do. The editing is just taking out curse words that may be in there from the excitement haha.

·
Registered
16,614 Posts
Nice fish. You will someday find that metal almost always works on predator fish. I am kinda wondering what brand tape measure you used?

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice fish. You will someday find that metal almost always works on predator fish. I am kinda wondering what brand tape measure you used?
Thanks Slayer!

I don't have a tape measure. It's an assumption, I'm thinking the fish was shy of 30 but man still not too bad.

·
Registered
4,800 Posts
I am just respectfully asking where in my video you see that bud? His tail flopped on the sand for a second and I safely returned him to the water as you see, same thing would have happened with a net.

As far as how many hours I put in, I just head into these adventures and get lucky catching the fish I do. The editing is just taking out curse words that may be in there from the excitement haha.
4:30 to about 4:50 into the vid
Mud sand whatever it was still stuck on fish as it swims away. Heck you even tried to rinse it off before you held it up to get a good video shot of the fish.. Would same thing happen if you used a net well guess we will never know lol because you obviously hate nets.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
@Bronco,

I respect your observation and it will be a learning experience. I shall clean it off next time, glad the water cleaned it off as it swam away. Thanks bud.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Nice Lakers:smile::smile: Dr.Cro and a nice Video, congratulation . Getting ready to leave for Chambers , see if I get me one or two of those guy's through the Ice .

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nice Lakers
Dr.Cro and a nice Video, congratulation . Getting ready to leave for Chambers , see if I get me one or two of those guy's through the Ice .
I’m jealous! I want to be ice fishing for lakers already. Good luck up there. Please report to us how you did.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Congrats! I like the darker colored macks.
Me too, the sister lake down the street has some almost black lakers. Looking forward to ice fishing it soon.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Great fish AJ!
As Bronco suggested, a net will avoid scrutiny. Since, you are promoting an educational video, it makes sense to show the necessary tools required to catch and release these magnificent fish. I’d even suggest bringing a plastic trash bag to lay fish on while getting them unhooked. Thanks for the content, keep the great vids coming.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Great fish AJ!
As Bronco suggested, a net will avoid scrutiny. Since, you are promoting an educational video, it makes sense to show the necessary tools required to catch and release these magnificent fish. I’d even suggest bringing a plastic trash bag to lay fish on while getting them unhooked. Thanks for the content, keep the great vids coming.
I understand guys. I should stop thinking I am going to get skunked when I go fishing each time.

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Good going on some shore fun and videoing guys.

A few tips.
Use heavier tackle in case you do actually hook a Big one.
If you want to catch a hog throw something it will be interested in.
Try a j-13 rapala, get rid of the trebles, put a good sized 5/0 or so barbless single on the rear, crank it back as fast as you can after you rig up with a minimum 10lb line and tighten the drag up some.

Think like a Bigggg fish then outsmart it and send me some pictures... Fish on!!!
Oh and bring a Big net, lol.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Good going on some shore fun and videoing guys.
I'd suggest heavier tackle in case you do actually hook a Big one.
If you want a Large fish throw something a big fish will be interested in.
Try a j-13 rap, get rid of the trebles, put a good sized barbless single on the rear, crank it back as fast as you can after you rig up with a minimum 10lb line so you can tighten the drag up some.
than you for the tips red! I honestly didn’t expect even these fish. I was going for some browns, last year I did well catching some, but these were a pleasant surprise.

I did try cranks and jerkbaits with no luck so I didn’t film it.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts