Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went fishing with a fellow forum member that I've known for a few years. He always comes up short of catching anything over 30 and has lost a few in the past. This time we made sure he landed his fish. We ended up catching a BIG 36 inch lake trout. It was a healthy fish not too skinny and not too fat, sure made for a fun fight. Finished the day off with another 28 inch laker. Quality fish on our first lake trout outing.
Here is the video for your enjoyment!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Great job AJ!

My PB there is 34in, 45 ft. of water. Panoptix looks like a real game changer, but pricey :eek:

·
Registered
94 Posts
Very cool to get your buddy into his PB. Nice fish! Congrats. I am curious to see how the body condition of the big lakers holds up on that lake now that they stopped stocking. The big ones have been pretty fat and healthy on that lake. That one looks a little thinner. I noticed it happen on Green Mtn. once they stopped stocking. Still caught the big ones (30+), but they definitely got thinner.

·
Registered
4,780 Posts
Excellent video AJ, was out yesterday too, on another lake near you, just got the cookie cutters, but still had a blast .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Very cool to get your buddy into his PB. Nice fish! Congrats. I am curious to see how the body condition of the big lakers holds up on that lake now that they stopped stocking. The big ones have been pretty fat and healthy on that lake. That one looks a little thinner. I noticed it happen on Green Mtn. once they stopped stocking. Still caught the big ones (30+), but they definitely got thinner.
They don't seem to bad, that particular one was skinnier for his size. But the few we caught this weekend were much fatter and another buddy send me a photo of a giant he caught out there. They don't need kokes or rainbows out there to get fat. WF has a lot of crawdads in it and those fish are eating crawfish down there i can feel the pinchers in their bellies.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Great job AJ!

My PB there is 34in, 45 ft. of water. Panoptix looks like a real game changer, but pricey :eek:
The only thing that sucks is that it isn't good in deep water.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts