Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I got it a week ago but my cell phone will not let me post pics here without resizing it?

Unbeknownst to me, my fiancé Kelly sent the pics of my walleye from last spring to Lax Reproductions in Wisconsin for a wedding present. Pictures don't do the paint job justice!

Attachments

·
P I K E
10,180 Posts
Beautiful dude!!! I just got my son's pike mount back also, came out great and he was shocked when he saw it!

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
NICE Neal !! Great job for sure...
On the "catch" and the "replica mount"!

·
Registered
24,638 Posts
Was trying to find the original photo I dont remember those "perch bands" across the back or did the painter throw in artistic merit?...just curious...as lomg as you are happy with it is all that matters...

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Nice.

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The only thing I wasn't satisfied with was the head! They use existing molds for the head. She had the biggest head I have seen and 21" girth.

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
The only thing I wasn't satisfied with was the head! They use existing molds for the head. She had the biggest head I have seen and 21" girth.
Unless you kill the fish it's hard to get an exact replica
I had the same problem with a Laker replica, the molds they use didn't do it justice.
Kudo's to you for letting her swim away, a 21" girth for a Walleye is massive.

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
A big laker and a Pike is what I want next! Should also be getting our 2014 and 2013 bucks back soon.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
That's the best walleye mount I've ever seen. I know it's a replica but it way better than any skin mounted wally I've seen.

·
Registered
16,732 Posts
Yah its cool!

I'm not much for mounts. Much rather take the bucks and pay for more lures or fishing gas.

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
Very cool mount! Yeah the replica will never represent the actual dimensions due to them using body blanks and head and fin molds from whatever skin mount of the past (I believe that's how it's done).

1 - 20 of 24 Posts