Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got Coffee Joe to hit a couple lakes I have NEVER fished b4. Either open or iced.

Got to PLO in the freezing fog at 630am. Drug our stuff to the lake and found that the ice was too soft at the edges to access. So we drug our stuff a 1/2 mile or so and found a firm spot. We walked about a mile and a half out to a bunch of trees and whipped out the hand augers and started fishing. Then more drilling and more drilling and more drilling. Great fishing, beautiful weather, nice fresh air!

Gave up at noon and found the correct area to access the shore where I shoulda parked originally but it was too foggy to see-:rolleyes:

Went and checked out the marina thought maybe some ice there but guys were launching there boats! Shoulda taken the boat! Dumb Ass-

So hit the road and headed to Brush Hollow. Again had to find a spot firm enough to get on the ice. Found the honey hole area and proceeded to fish in the broiling sun! The fishing here was just as good as the previous lake.

Actually better- I landed 3 wily, spunky, tackle testing perch that went at LEAST 4" snout to tail! At least I outfished Joe!:eek:

And it was only a 2hr 15 min drive home!

The misery continues--:embarassed:

·
Registered
16,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thx Dan! Hey lets hike into Jefferson- my luck is sure to change with a nice lung-busting-post-holing sashay at 10,000 ft! Right???

·
Registered
16,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'd rather be out in my boat working metal-

·
Registered
16,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah but I got gas for $1.74/gal.

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Tru dat. With our Kroger+ points, I spent 1.49 to fill up yesterday. Sick...

I always wanted to try Brush Hollow... Interesting looking place. Glad you got into some tank jumbos.

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
Yeah..perch that size..you could have saved some gas and hit Monument Lake instead and caught a thousand 6 inch perch..Dang pygmy perch.

·
Registered
16,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey Hobes I was actually glad to catch them. Got to feel the bite and set the hook-

Got em on a #5 jiggin rap.

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
lol
Local ice gonna be gone soon
Sad

·
Registered
16,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No, not sad! Would love me some open water.

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
Yeah...I was checking out the forecast through at least mid February...Looks like today and tomorrow are the coldest days for the next several weeks.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts