Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I fished Lake Granby near dike #3 today from 8:00 to 4:00. I normally like 40 to 50 feet of water but I didn't get a single bite there all day. I moved my other rod to 75 feet of water and I picked up two ~19" Lakers around 9:00. I had a few other light bites but I didn't get another fish until 3:00 picking up an ~18" and a smaller ~17" just before leaving.

I didn't get a singe bite on my 1/4 oz. clear / metal flake tube jig and sucker meat. I had all the action on a 1/8 oz. Gitzit jig and sucker meat.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the report. Hows the snow depth, can quads or side-by-sides get around on the lake still?
The center was frozen solid with 8" of snow and 8" of ice. There was a considerable amount of slush near the shoreline that might hamper an ATV. I saw several snowmobiles but no ATV's.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Nice report. As for ATVs Redleader reported yesterday (maybe the day before) that you should be fine with an ATV as long as you stay away from the shorelines. I see tin the fore cast that there is more snow on the way... today. Looks like I might be bringing my sleds instead of the 4 wheeler this weekend!

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
I took a ride out yesterday, not a lot of snow on the ice but enough for a few slushy areas, Dike 3 area is where I noticed some slush, as always snowmobiles are better, I did see an atv out on the north side.
Watch out for flooded areas around the shorelines and pressure ridges.
As noted the bite's been slow.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts