Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me, Pete and QuickRelease hit up Granby yesterday. Aside from the fish not biting like we'd had hoped it was all-in-all a great day. We did manage to reel in 2 macs. I got one jigging a dual tube rig in about 100ft of water. Pete also got one trolling a doctor spoon on leadcore about 60ft down(Give or take). QuickRelease also had 2 on but like his name; they were both QuickReleased. I also had 2 on that were lost. All of us had a few bites here and there but couldn't get um in. We were marking fish all day but I guess they wern't in the fishing mood.(the fish)

Since I was the rookie Mac fisherman I asked Pete and 'Terry' Oops I mean Mark why we weren't catching more fish and the answer I got was:

Again, Aside from the fishing being slow it was a great day!!!!

[me=Jay_In_Parker] [/me]

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh yea, 'Talo' it was really nice meeting you and thanks for letting me use your broom stick rod with piano wire and a cannon ball. Man that's one heavy-duty combo :) :)

[me=Jay_In_Parker] [/me]

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
Jay,

No problem, broom handle ??? I thought it was a fishing rod. I really get tired fishing that set up all day. Downrigger weight, thats what those are for! Its all making more sense now.

Still with that slow fishing, I'm not so sad that I had to leave early.

We also caught 2 lakers, lost three lakers, and one kokanee at the boat. You are right, they were just not in the bitting mood.

Terre

·
Registered
405 Posts
Nice post Jay, and although the bite was slow is it was a great time nonethelss: perfect weather, and... we all left the skunk at Granby.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Looks like fun, even if the bite wasnt playing to your favor.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts