Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Terre, Glen and I headed up to Granby today to try and get us some dinner. Man Im full.

We got 4 Kokes and 12 Macs(Give or take). All were taken trolling all sorts of diffrent things. I got 2 Kokes and 2 Macs(My first ever koke) and they got the rest. Guess the rookie is low man. I did get a chance to work on my net work. Im sure Terre and/or Glen will add to this potr aswell..

Thanks again!!!!

[me=Jay_In_Parker] [/me]

·
Registered
124 Posts
I really appriciate the report. I went to Sportsman's & bought weddingrings, spoons, koke trolls, I've got jigs & sucker meat, night crawlers, downriggers, Rapalas...

It's my first boat just need lots of advice/water/experience.

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Pete, You got me started. And thanks for droping my name to Terre!!!

[me=Jay_In_Parker] [/me]

·
Registered
124 Posts
I'm not sure how much advice to ask for here but I need all the help I can get. The downriggers ie. how should I use them at Granby for the Macks. how far back from the release? what kind of stuff to troll? bait on bait off?I'm a catch & release guy so any advice that works goes right back in the system. I was born to flyfish... but then I bought a boat!

Thanx

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
Kokaneeking,

We looked in the inlets, we did not have a lot happenging there. The fish were more active than a couple weeks ago, and "the leaves are changing".

Terre

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
Sorry Cojones,

I went to bed after my last post, getting up at 3:30 am makes for a long day. The water temp was 63 degrees on surface. I would say we caught most of our Lakers 40 feet - 80 feet down most along the north shore of Arapaho Bay. Since we were fishing relatively shallow I like to go as far as I can behind the downrigger, with 2 downriggers and 4 other rods (one wireline) about 30 feet behind the ball is max, else we tangle other lines. Often we use planner boards, sometimes inline planners, to spread the lines a little. The Kokanee (and a not previously mentioned rainbow) came from 15-20 feet down. Jay and Glenn caught the sticks right off the bottom with the deep lines.

PM me if you have specific questions.

Terre

L

·
0 Posts
nice report guys, man sounds like a great day. jay you are so lucky to have gone with terre and glenn ,i here they are great fishermen.terre only question i have is when do you think the kokes will start running at granby? and do you like guide people on these tripsfor a fee or just take people out of kindness. if so how do we sign on?

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
lurp said:
Jay you are so lucky to have gone with terre and glenn
Your not kidding!!!!!(Now ssshhhhh, Your going to jinx my chances of ever going again :) )

[me=Jay_In_Parker] [/me]

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
LOL,

I suppose I will have to implement a lottery...

Really though, it is nice to have people who willing to split the gas bill. It makes a trip to the mountains affordable, and having someone interesting to talk with is great.

Terre

F

·
0 Posts
terre you must have those lakers down ....isnt it you with a few pics in fishing and hunting news ?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts