Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I only fished the Granby tournament today. My fishing partner, I forgot his name (oh yeah littlemac) caught the first fish. We tried lots of areas, we caught fish at most locations. Littlemac had a really big fish on for 20-30 seconds, then as I was just leaving to assist him, it spit the jig. We caught about 30 fish (lakers), none worth weighing.

Any one know how to catch Kokanee through the ice at Granby?

The water temp was .... cold, the air was cold, the ice was cold, and the snow cold...

T

·
Registered
288 Posts
I also fished granby on saturday. I did not seem to have the luck that Talo had. Only a few bites, and no fish. I was up by dike 3 and not many people around me reported any fish either. So I packed up and went to Willow creek. The rainbows were biting hard and fast over there. Kept me busy for quite a while, plus, the crowd was a lot more acceptable over there.

Just want to say thanks to the U.S. Forest Service folks at Granby, especially the two at the pay hut Saturday morning. There was a lady there with an English accent and another gentleman. With all of the people they had to deal with and the early hour (before 07:00), they were in very good cheer and extremely helpful. Anybody know their names?

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There were a ton of people on the ice especially the sunset area, dike 3, deer island and the channel by the pump station. I think lots of noise spooks the fish so we don't fish where there are lots of people. Only when we stopped by the pump house channel and deer island were we closer than 300 feet to anyone else and we only stayed in those areas for 30 or 40 minutes each.

T

·
Registered
19 Posts
I also fished the Ganby ice derby.Myself and three other friends fished sunset friday through sunday,fishing was slow at best.We jigged every type of jig we had,(tubes,twistertails,spoons,foxy jiggs,all tiped with sucker meat.)All total we ended up with eight fish in the 17"to19" range the biggest just over 2lbs.Nothing worth weighing.

·
Registered
460 Posts
walleyezer- nothing worth weighing? when i went up those fish would have placed in the contest....i think the biggest fish was 19 3/4" and 2.2 lbs

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
I stayed to the end and I believe the winning mac was 2.82 lbs. I fished sunset on friday from 2-5 and caught 15 I just had to drill about 12 holes to find them. Once I found em they were all over in that area.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
We also fished the tourny, Friday we iced 15 lakers, Sat. 10 small bows and nothing on Sunday. Sat. was tough we just couldn't find the laker bite. In all it was a great time hanging with my brothers and a couple friends.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I also fished the tournament. I caught my grand slam however the brown I caught was only .22 lbs :mad: I could not catch a nice brown. The Mac and rainbow were at 2lbs each and salmon half pound. If I caught a nice brown I would have placed.
Oh well better luck next time ::)

My friend did get 8th place in the Rainbow with a 2.25 pounder.
anyone fishing the 11mile tournament coming up??

·
Registered
460 Posts
i think i checked the board last on saturday early afternoon, before everyone would have started off the ice for the day. what was with the tournament? there wasnt much partying this year

·
Registered
542 Posts
Grand county's finest are trying to stop all that fun up there.Dui's are the counties #2 source of revenue.Sad but true.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts