Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
fished granby yesterday the 22 and snaged four kokes, then went to rainbow bay, we caught about 5 lakers in the last few minutes before the sun went down, decided to spend the night and fished the early am caught 3 more lakers, spawn sacs were geting hit every cast , we lost tons of fish in the rocks , also lost lots of weights and hooks , suckermeat was also working

F

·
0 Posts
Re: granby

hahaha...I was fishing they other side....seen your vw when I left.....I was gonna go snagging too but dike three looked a little to crowded for me...Headed to the inlet and caught a few browns......

·
Registered
360 Posts

I also hit granby today 10/23. I was chasing Kokes all over the lake went to arapahoe bay first thing this morning could not find the kokanee caught a couple of brookies out of a tributary near the camp ground. But my goal was to catch some kokanee , went by dike three saw a bunch of guys snagging but it did not seem like the action was real strong so I moved to rainbow bay on my way out and caught 5 kokanee in five casts. The first two I snagged and caught the rest on an orange tube jig. what a blast! Got into the fish around 2:00. The best part was no one was really fishing here. Then in a matter of minutes the school took off. I would say your best bet is to just look for surface action to find the kokanee they were porposing like crazy. Seems like the salmon are all over the place but not in big schools.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

very impressive, ive heard of the kokanee being over there , in the morning i saw some kokes purpose, were you fishing on the far end by quinette point ? , were they pretty good size ?

F

·
0 Posts
dyke 3 was a joke......I love granby and I fish dyke 3 this time of year quite a bit...I havent seen it that crowded for a while....then again Im usually there at the buttcrack of dawn. I was the guy driving the loud dodge diesel

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah there was alot of people , but when isent there alot of people at granby, im not heading that way until ice fishing season, im going to gunnison this weekend get sick of fishing granby

·
Registered
360 Posts
kokaneeking said:
very impressive, ive heard of the kokanee being over there , in the morning i saw some kokes purpose, were you fishing on the far end by quinette point ? , were they pretty good size ?
No I was on The other side where you comein at. Yes they were all decent sized 17 -19 inches I'll post a pic. Every year I forgety how hard these guys fight. Any one got a favorite kokanee recipe?

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
oats the laker action is decent when i was there awhile back, we caught some on suckers and spawn sacs, i saw some monsters in the shallows of taylor, very smart fish tho they wouldent even glance at my tubes

1 - 9 of 9 Posts