Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Drove by the lake this morning. Still open near stillwater, but capped everywhere else. Some guys were out fishing off of Dike 1 and off of Sunset Point. I'll probably give it until Thursday Dec 26, but if you are itching to get out for some lakers it is game on.

·
Registered
4,701 Posts
Thanks for the update.

Supposed to be cold at nite all week, HOPEFULLY nice and capped by a Thursday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
624 Posts
Thanks for the update.

Supposed to be cold at nite all week, HOPEFULLY nice and capped by a Thursday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Best part is that weather app lies like no other by 5 to 8 degrees usually with higher temps then they actually are.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Drove in to dike 3 this afternoon. It might need a few more days as you get around sunset. No one had ventured out, although some guys off sunset and quintette and by dike 1. There are pressure ridges so be carful if we get any snow.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Drove by again today. There were three shacks out off of dike 3 on the near side and two out off of Dike 1. There is a little snow on top, which may hide some thin spots. It was cold at the lake, 10 degrees at 11 am. With the cold temps it should grow ice fast. Stillwater still has a little area of open water but my guess is it will cap tonight. Going to hit it tomorrow morning and hopefully yank some lakers.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts