Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got back from a fun day at Granby.
I got to Sunset Point around 8:00 and fished about 50 yards northeast of the boat ramp in 42 feet of water.  The ice was about 6 inches thick with a couple of inches of snow on top.  Used a Green 3 inch tube jig tipped with sucker meat.  I tried 9 different holes before I got a bite, and ended up catching 14 out of the 9th hole.  The first fish was only 12 inches long, but the rest were all between 18 and 23 inches.  They look like they are eating well and the bigest one looked to be between 4 and 5 lbs.  They were all released in good condition so you guys can catch them on the 7th.

I also got to play around with the new fishfinder I bought for my boat.  Its a Lowrance LMS 337DF and it replaces an Eagle that I've used for the last 15 years.  While its not set up to be an ice machine, and I have no idea if its as good as a Vexilar on the ice, it is a pretty cool fishfinder.
I was able to compare both frequencies to see which one picked up my jig better at each depth I fished and I could clearly see the fish come to the jig.  The color screen indicates how active the fish are with red being the most active.  Its a fun toy.

Granby is hot right now and I can't wait to go back.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hope you are going on jan 7.  WE need a few good guides --- less holes and more fish!

I'm not sure that I can make it on the 7th.  I have a commitment that day and I'm not sure I can get out of it.

I don't consider myself an expert on Granby but I would be glad to show you what I know about lakers if I get up there.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.