Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
703 Posts
My dad and I also fished Granby today and we set our sites for Cuttthrout bay. Like you said the ice was about six inches and real bubbley. Probally not quite ripe enough for snow macines yet. There were many slush spots in the area so use extreme caution always in Cutty bay. Even in the dead of winter there seems to be a soft spot somewhere near the middle area. During the tournament two years ago my dad and I witnessed a guy lose his sled into the drink. Our local friend who was on the volunteer rescue dive squad tells us this area is notorious for sloppy ice.
The reservoir level is exactly 23 feet below full so vary your maps accordingly. We were able to find a sweet looking flat in 20 fow directly west of the pump house that was adjecent to the channel. This area should hold a good number a macks. I say should because we only caught two in about five hours. Like LazyDave said these fish have been eating very well. In fact, I've never seen a Granby mack so fat. This is very exciting because these fish may finally be getting a better forage base. Closer to shore right below the parking area, two other guys landed a mess of huge black post-spawn kokes. Can't wait to get up there soon.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.