Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sweet! A rare day off, and getting to fish with my daughter and son. And a bluebird, sunny, windless day. Ice conditions perfect, solid ice, and NO slush!
Fished a new area my son picked out, getting a LITTLE tired of our old, walk-in spot, but being on a snowmobile, possibilities endless. Fish coming in and going, typical of a feeding flat. An hour of nothing, then fish on!. This was my daughter's 2nd trip ever icefishing. She landed 7, biggest at 23 inches, lost a pretty nice one at the hole,..my son also landed 7,..and the master, the teacher, ...me,..I managed to get one on the ice. Not that I wasn't trying,..I was. I offered little help to my kids,..(other than taking fish off for my daughter), they knew what they were doing.Not my day, but proud. Kept 2, 17inch orange-meated fat macs.

Please enjoy the pic.

·
P I K E
10,163 Posts
Nice job 1177 getting out with the kids! Great looking day!

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, everyone. My "kids" aren't exactly kids, son is 32 and daughter is 34, but I do appreciate the comments. My son has been ice fishing with me since he was 4. My daughter, ..well, I hope she is hooked on fishing now, as long as it it 40 degrees out, lol! me, I actually prefer temps in the low degrees when fishing,..say, 0 to 10 degrees. Sunburn up there is a beeach! Sunscreen is your best friend, I learned that a long time ago.

I want to give out a big shoutout to the two guys in the 4wheelers, who came to my daughter's rescue when she broke down with the snowmobile while doing a little joy-riding. She was about a 1/4 mile from me, when I saw her stalled, couldn't get it to run. Went on foot to help, but just before getting there, the two guys were there to offer help. They even offered to tow us, the snowmobile and all our gear back to Sunset, basically giving up their day to help. But it was an easy solution, thankfully.The negative battery connection was loose (EFI ignition). Nice to know there are people like that always willing to help.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Good for all involved!

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Good day, indeed! :thumb:

·
Registered
740 Posts
My Dad always tells me he wins if I beat him because then he helped me be better in whatever it is than he is. Congrats!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts