Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son and I fished Granby from about 7a till noon.  Started in 60 fow 2 bites lost them both.  then nothing.
moved to 35 feet, marked a few fish mid water column.  tried sucker meat with a white tube jig at 35 nothing. 
Had a strip of sucker meat on a glowing jig head jsut sitting there at 20 feet. 
Got about a 20 inch laker. 
My first one!

Rebaited that hook went and played with the tubejig/sucker meat line.
Subtle hit, did not realize it until for a few seconds. 
Another laker for me around 18 inches.

both caught fish occurred around 1030

Final total for the day, 2 lakers for me none for my son.

We were fishing off dike 3.

Dan

ps is it just me or do the heads of the lakers there seem a little too big for the body?

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
congrats on your first lakers dan! Too bad your son didn't catch any.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Looks a productive day Dan.Your son will get one before he knows it.How were the roads up there?Mark

·
Registered
297 Posts
Dan said:
ps is it just me or do the heads of the lakers there seem a little too big for the body?
small body and big head=over populated and hungry fish IMO.
keep all the small ones and release the hogs, after a pic of course.

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
They do have kinda big heads, big (hard) mouths. Beerman is right not enought food stunts there growth. They are getting better now, you should have seen them 2 years ago.

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The roads were good until I got on US-40. It was blowing, with packed snow and ice until I hit Berthoud Pass. After that no wind but patches of packed snow and ice.

sloppy drive coming home, took about 15 minutes less drive time.

Dan

·
Registered
24,633 Posts
Nice job Dan!...

Next time I will do a voodoo doll with your kid holding fish!

;)

·
Registered
10 Posts
We also fished Granby on Saturday near Deer Island and it was a slow day for lakers  :-\ so I moved in shallow for Rainbows and caught 6,  :) two of them around 17 inchs.  I fished last Monday (Jan 30) and caught around 20 lakers and 10 Rainbows 1 of them was 19 3/4  :) in the same area. I had lakers on the Vex but they just wouldnt take the bait.  Thats the way it goes sometimes. 

Total: 6 Rainbows and my buddy 3 lakers

1 - 8 of 8 Posts