Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got out of town early, met some snow on Berthod Pass and rode it into Granby (that's were I lost a bearing on the snowmobile trailer :mad:).  We fished over by the pump house straight south of the island to the east about 300 yards.  Found 55-70' of water and marked fish from the bottom to suspended 20' off the bottom.  Didn't catch our first fish until 9:30 then the bite was slow but steady until about 3 pm.  There was four of us and we iced 10 and missed many bites (the bites were pretty lite).  Smallest fish was 18" and the biggest w/ almost 20 and very fat.  All in all not a bad day, windy in the morning and very nice in the afternoon except for the repair of the trailer which took 4 hours and $100 (parts were easy, finding someone to come and torch the old bearing off not so easy).

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Only two or thee small groups. One guy came over from in front of sunset boat ramp and said they had only caught one and the bite was real slow.

M

·
0 Posts
fishin-with-fire said:
Got out of town early, met some snow on Berthod Pass and rode it into Granby (that's were I lost a bearing on the snowmobile trailer
For about $15 or $20 you can get yourself a pair of bearing buddies in the automotive section at Wal-Mart that replace the dust cap on the wheel. All you have to do to install them is remove the existing dust cap, and tap them in with a hammer. That gives you a lubricating nipple for the wheel. Re-grease after every trip and you should never have a problem again! I've got a set on the boat trailer and the atv trailer.

Thanks for the update on Granby!

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
F-W-F, that was one of the best one-liners that I've seen on this site. Thanks for starting my day out with a laugh :D!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts