Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pretty slow for us yesterday for LakerAngler and myself. But, probably what expected when it was only my 2nd ice trip this year. It's time put in, I guess. A few years past, I would have had 12-18 trips at the G by now, studying the depth, contour, bait, etc. But with the high water this year, conditions changed,..and hot spots last year were different this year. Takes some time on the actual ice. We did catch a few, moving around a lot more that I like to. Generally, I like to be in an area of actively feeding fish all day, (ie, a 45-55 fow flat leading to deep water), and letting them come to me. They will generally cruise all day long, moving in waves at times, looking for food, but they were selfish, ..and the run and gun didn't work this time.
Kept one beautiful fat 18 incher, solid orange meat, and stomach loaded with shrimp. Yummy!!

Ice still a good 18 inches or so, inch or so of snow, slightly slushy at end of day, ..bluebird day, zero wind. In tshirts by noon, sunburn a huge risk, but unlike other trips in years past, used a product called sunscreen. 8)

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Wow, I am missing out, had to come to AK to deal with a boat sale, after an unseasonably warm Winter and great King fishing all Winter it turned frigid the day after I got here and warmed up in Co. My daughter and friends were out today and had a great time with plenty of fish but it's been a tough year for most. She caught the largest and most again, I taught her well, lol.

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Sounds like a good time was had despite the slow bite. Better than my Pi Day. I have been on a boat the last two days and the bite was worse than what I have experienced from shore. Made me think twice about getting another boat...

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I think there's something to that miracle product "sunscreen" :thumb: Glad you got out! more than I can say the past 2 weeks

·
Registered
16,616 Posts
Had some friends at the Fork sat. they stunk it up real good-

·
Registered
16,616 Posts
When you say stunk it up, you mean not a good day? Hoping to fish WF this weekend, and have not seen many reports.
Stink as in black and white. They got some small ones, but thats not what they go for-

1 - 8 of 8 Posts