Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally managed a day off and my son also. We don't get together much anymore. So damn nice to be back on the ice! Fishing by 9AM, first jig down, fish on! We had a great day. 45 fow, fish came in waves,. we lost count, but prob 20 apiece. A few dinks, most in 16-20 inch,..and at 1:30 PM, back to back 29(me) and 32 inch(son) trophies,.sitting side-by-side in the shelter.
Kept 2 very fat 18 inchers, for din. Would be nice if everyone could release anything over 22 inches, but might be preaching to the choir. We all love these fish, a report will not catch them for you, just maybe give incentive to get out.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
That's one hell of a day.cool you got out with your son. sounds like catching all the fish may not have been the best part.... but you just ruined granby by teling us about on this forum!

Were the 29 and 32 in good condition?

·
P I K E
10,112 Posts
Nice!!! Did ya keep the biguns for the wall mounts? :biggrin1:

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
And the fishing's still good! Had a good day last Saturday, tho biggest was only 22 inches. 46 fow. Kept a couple nice 17 inchers for the table. Variety of baits worked,..but a white/pepper tube they liked. (don't spread this around the internet.:mad:) Ice still good, no slush,..hard packed snow, then good ice. A good test for the auger. Hope it lasts for a couple more weeks,..got a few more trips planned. Gotta catch that fish that latched onto the 16 incher on the way up. Fought him for about a minute. Couldn't budge him, taking line s l o w l y,,,,.until the brute let go. Don't know who wanted the little guy more.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts