Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any time I open my mouth I stick my foot in it, so Wayne is posting the report. I have picture duty.

Fish on, aaaaahhhh gggoooodd fffishhhh

Its a fish!

The fish, Vexlar for scale.

Kiss her Wayne!

Dinner.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Great looking Macs.... Monday here I come.

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wayne must of hit the hay.

Yes Dan I caught some fish today ;D. Does ice fishing count in ones skunk percentage? I hope so... We caught 25 (20"-22"+) or so in 4 hours , Wayne had the first, and biggest. The pictured 32 incher - I guessed 10-12 lbs - released. The ice was 16-20 inches still solid, not columnar, 3" of slush on top, the edges were Ok.

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
Your post made me sad. Don't get me wrong. Congrats about a great day of fishing. It's just that it looks like the upper Colorado in Rocky Mtn Natl Park is a long ways from being unfrozen. Bummer. BTW, nice fish!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Sorry Terre,
My afternoon "nap" turned into a 3 hour sleeping binge.

Terre told me that this was the fabled Location "X" spot. The Granby ice should be ok for another week, but definitely use caution. The Macs were bighting fairly constant from when we arrived around 7ish until around noon.

Although we caught around 25, I "unintentinally relaesed" (i.e. missed) another 25-40 bits). Terre had a better catch %.

As a FYI for those people who do not know Terre, she is a pleasure to fish with and an extremely knowledgable fisherlady.

Anyone who is interested in going to Granby this week, please let me know. I am going to try to ice fish onece more this year.

Wayne
"Fish quiver at the sound of my name"

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
All the ones that came to visit us had a tube jig and sucker meat in their mouth. Standard fare.

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
Redneck Wayne said:
Although we caught around 25, I "unintentinally relaesed" (i.e. missed) another 25-40 bits).
Wonderful. I have now added "unintentionally released" to my notebook of preferred fishing phrases for forum postings. Shameless plagiarism I know, but what the heck. I'll thank you now, Wayne, since you'll receive no credit in the future. ;)

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
great laker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts