Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me,my wife and the dogs camped at Arapaho bay area. Friday evening I fished right where the river(Monarch creek?) turned to lake. I caught 10 little bo's(11-13") in an hour on a gold bouyant.

Saturday I hiked 2.5 hrs with 1 dog 6 miles to Twin Creek Inlet. Neat hike. Saw a ruffed grouse and a moose. Got to fishing at 9am along a steep rocky bank and had many misses and follows on metal. Switched to a silver/blk shad rap and instantly nailed a 16" bo. Caught several more bos walking and chucking then got a 19" brown behind a stump in 3 ft of water. It was classic. After the sun got higher the rapala stopped working so I went shallower where the creek entered and tossed a piece of suckermeat out. As soon as I set the pole down I had a fish on. 17" bo. Several more bo's 15-17" followed as fast as I could cast. Then I got a 23" laker on same. It slowed down so I started throwing a silver bouyant,got 8 or 10 bobo's on it from 14-16". Missed many on both sucker and metal. Got back to camp at 3pm and had a drink. I kept 4 bo's and cooked 1 for the dog and gave the others to the kids in the next campsite. They had a blast grilling and cooking them.

Sunday I hiked with the dog about 3 miles up above Monarch lake then fished the inlet to Monarch for a little. Saw nothing and caught nothing.

We loaded up the camper and then we fished the river(Monarch creek?) just above Granby. It was just like the North Platte in Wyoming except the fish were smaller. I caught bo after bo 15-18.5" drifting sacs in the riffles. What a blast-had the entire river to myself. Left at noon. The bite is HOT up there.

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
NO pics? We need those pics with you and those big rainbows and no shirt on.(no, ill never let that down)

[me=Jay_In_Parker] [/me]

·
Registered
16,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Only got 1 pic and its on the wifes phone. Will post when I get it. I was shirtless for most of sunday morning but I think was wearing one when pic was taken. Next time-

1 - 4 of 4 Posts