Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished Granby yesterday morning.

Lost four Lakers, to dull hooks and crossed lines during the first hours of daylight. Filed those hooks and landed the following four. Fish were caught at an average depth of 40ft, trolling brass hardware. Spoons were baited with thawed crawdad tails and sucker meat. All trout averaged 2-3lbs, and were released to live and fight another day.

We met another fisherman that during his first cast, landed an 18lb Laker. It was a great first day start to my fishing season, and the weather was perfect.

Happy Mother's Day Moms!!

B

·
0 Posts
what boat were you in there were quite a few people out there for a weekday. we talked to a few and most were catching a few fish some were getting into descent numbers bernie

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Aslo fished Granby Sat. only caught a couple couldn't get my gear deep enough. I need to buy a downrigger! Marked huge schools of suspended fish I would guess Kokes couldn't get them to bite. ??? ???

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
21 ft Striper Bernie.

TC, I love to eat em, but I let 99.9% them go. For me it's all about the fight.

Chris before you head up to Granby again pm me, perhaps I can share some tips that may help. Good luck J, you know how to do it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts