Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Four of us were on the road to Granby at 3:40am ten minutes behind schedule.  All I heard on the way up was gripping about how late we are, and how the fishing will be over before we get there.   Sunup is pretty early, it was light by the time we had the boat in the water, maybe Glenn is right, we missed the bite.  The lake is starting to look petty good though, about 20 feet low.  The water was 58-64 degrees.   We started out trolling a mixture of laker tackle and kokanee baits.  We caught a few lakers and decided to give jigging a try.  I had a half dozen fish on and lost them half way up.  Dull hook.  Mark landed one, Glenn got one, and we decided to head to arapahoe bay to do some more trolling.  We graphed a lot of fish but the action was pretty slow.  We changed lures quite a bit and only caught  a few small lakers.  We tried spoons in colors like Kervorkian, Hyper Clown and Monkey Puke.  Fishing was slow,  Mark caught the best fish of the day maybe 4-5 lbs (below).  I helped Kris loose what she claims was the biggest fish of the day.  Opps...   Glenn caught the first, Mark caught the biggest and the most, but all caught at least one fish,    I cooked up 4 fish on the boat grill and we had a boat lunch while trolling.  Slow fishing, good food, good company, pretty good day.

Terre

D

·
0 Posts
Nice report Terre. Glad you had some fun and exercised some fish! When you were jigging, how deep were you finding the macks? Were you tipping your jigs with meat?

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Don,

Most fish seem to be in 60 feet or deeper water, 65-75 seemed most productive. We were tipping the tube jigs with shinner meat, we couldn't find fresh sucker.

Terre

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
I can't see the picture??? Sounds like a fun day though.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I was up there last week and had some boat probs so didnt get to do muck trolling but all is good know. What part of the lake were you guys trolling?

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
Nice looking fish!

It shows up nice when you click the link! Does that site have img tags too? You might try a post using that. Be sure to use everything listed in the tag including the at the beginning and end.

Dan

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Does the img have tags???

Humm,,,,,

Yeap, that is right, I don't know!!!

Try this,

If it works then the "url=http...." on the front of the other stuff is kind of important to some users. My computer's don't seem to care.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Wow, thats a nice looking fish, great report... Yet another lake I would like to hit, but I must wait for a boat for this one I think.

·
Registered
24,511 Posts
Great report Terre!...even if it should of been posted 10 minutes earlier!!

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Slayer good job,

Did anyone else notice we threw the image tag into lake powell?

Deep water, big splash.

Oh well

D

·
0 Posts
Don't ya love Lake Powell?? I just wish it was a little closer. Nice pic, Terre!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts