Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Arrived Roaring creek c-ground at 7PM.Walked about 50 yds to water left of boat ramp and tossed some sacs.Got hammered about 6 times,caught a 18" mac and broke line on another.Got dark so went to camp. Began Sat morning in same spot caught a 18" mac on sacs only a couple other hits.Worked a kasty and other stuff but no takers.Ate some b-fast then headed toward inlet throwing bouyants.Ended up catching 10 bos and 2 browns on a gold bouyant.10"-14" were the norm. Caught 1 @17".No koke action was observed.Ate lunch and headed to lake and also the roaring creek inlet.I prety much threw metal and caught a 15" and 17" bo in the tiny inlet of roaring creek. Continued hiking and chuckin metal for about 3 miles along east side of Arapaho bay.I was looking for some deep cliff or rock water but didnt find any.Caught a couple small bo's,and headed back but threw some more at the little inlet and hooked into a NICE fish. Managed to get a look at it's back and tail and it was a brown around 23,24 inches but threw my gold bouyant.Being I was near camp I drowned my sorrows in a few beers and in a couple hours I went back fishing. Just before dark I landed a 17" bo on a bubble/worm reeling in slowly.That ended saturday. Sunday morning woke at 6am and started throwing metal to left of boat ramp.Landed 5 bo's out of 10 hits all on silver bouyant.Largest was 17 3/4 inches.It jumped about 6 times, a great fight. Dunked some sucker meat and sacs also but no takers.Headed back to town about noon. All in all, an excellent trip just fishing around the area we were camped.Total was like 20-25 trout,lost a couple decent ones,caught a couple decent ones.A good scouting trip also, since I know the kokes arent going real hard yet,cause when they do the macs will follow!

Heres the biggest bo:

Heres what the meat looks like:

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
WoW,

Nice report. Would love to get up there another time before winter. Maybe a shore trip is in store.

Thanks

-Jay

·
Registered
943 Posts
once again slayer shows why he is the man ;D

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Hence the name SLayerfish I'm sure he gets a ton of practice filleting... that is some nice looking meat for sure.

·
Registered
16,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Except for the bo in the pic,I throw every fish back.My legendary filleting skills were in my DNA!

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
nice fish is roaring creek the one that goes in granby by arapahoe bay i was trolling there saturday and caught some nice rainbows and lake trout all the way back in columbine bay i couldnt find any kokanne

·
Registered
124 Posts
Hey catmann29 what are you trolling with? I caught a lot of fish up there on "beer cans" & worms but I have to tell ya most of the fight is in the hardware instead of the fish. Espesially with 80-120feet of line out. I'm looking for a better way. Any help is always appreciated.

Cojones

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
cojones- i was trolling with flashers and wedding rings tipped with wax worms i was trying to find kokanne but had no luck i did catch some big rainbows and i thought it was odd catching lake trout on that set up i also used nightcrawlers

·
Registered
124 Posts
Can you describe that rigg'n for me? I'm picturing a flasher with maybe a 18-24" leader onto a wedding ring? or on the stuff I don't know about yet? with a little bait? Flashers/Dodgers do you think it matters?colors? All that cool stuff is at least $5.% a piece! I'm as blue collar as they come so I love to save where I can.
Thanks, Cojones

1 - 15 of 15 Posts