Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How is the slush?

Heading up in the morning and hoping to fish the Dike 3 area.

Just wondering which snow machine to bring.

Thanks,

Mark

·
Registered
11,877 Posts
MTK said:
How is the slush?
It varies from none at all to enough to strand a 4 wheeler with chains. That's about as candid as I can be. We didn't have any trouble yesterday, but I heard of someone who got stranded the previous evening. I don't know where he was.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
keep us posted on the ice conditions when you go today..... im stuck until tues, wed, or thurs...... darn payday. lol. gl on your trip

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
captain shuyak said:
The conditions are perfect now no slush
x2

Didn't get an exact measurment but looking at my transducer i would say the ice is around 14" thick.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
sweet... good to hear. man i ve been sitting at home waiting for payday to hit that beautiful lake! fishin for that fishbook fish of a lifetime pic. >:D or trying. tightlines.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
went up yesterday. tues. ice is great imo.
12-14 inches by the damn
2-4 inches of snow on top of the ice yesterday. no slush on top.
i saw several snow mobiles. wish i had one stopped me from hiking to the spot i wanted. damn titanium bolts in my ankle.

·
Registered
904 Posts
TL1000R said:
went up yesterday. tues. ice is great imo.
12-14 inches by the damn
2-4 inches of snow on top of the ice yesterday. no slush on top.
i saw several snow mobiles. wish i had one stopped me from hiking to the spot i wanted. damn titanium bolts in my ankle.
How did you do ? Thinking about heading up on Friday the 1st.
New licenses everyone !!!!

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
did good. coulda have done better but i tried to walk a mile and a half to a spot ive been eyeing. with my right leg and the three bolts in it. i couldnt make it. had to turn around bc of the pain. trying to get a snowmobile next year.. so i dont get home and my legs all swolen. gl to ya if you go. id be up there with ya but diesel is expensive for a poor fella like me. lol.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts