Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me and a few buds are heading to Grandy on the 26th. My hope is that someone can give me a few ideas on fishing spots that offer easy access. Our usual spot requires access from the road and almost straight down a steep hill. I just bought a new Eskimo 3 man shelter, damn thing weighs about a hundred pounds. I don't want to lug it back up that cliff at the end of the day if another spot is easier.
If anyone wants to hook up and join in, let's do it. I'll have the area picked out by the evening of the 25th. and will post then.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Dike 3 is a pretty flat drag, especially with the water level so high this yr. We had good luck fishing out there last season.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Jiggy, anyone else have any suggested fishing areas?
Merry Christmas everyone!

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
me and my brother might try granby monday i usually do really good around rainbow bay and by dike 3 where those islands use to be but now there under water arapahoe bay is good to but very steep

·
Registered
30 Posts
I am about 80% that I will be out there! Let me know where you are going maybe I will see you out there. How is the ice out there?? Are they running any snowmobiles on the lake yet?

B

·
0 Posts
any where you go should be productive. right now and for the next couple weeks you can fish the easy to get to places. right off the boat ramps can be productive, the dikes are fishing well and so is a-bay. good luck and be careful its not all safe out there so check the ice as you go. and please remember to let the fish over 20" go for our childrens future. bernie

·
Registered
72 Posts
Thanks for your advice Bernie. You can bet that folks on this forum appreciate any tips you give us on Granby.

What a great Christmas present.

Granby is ready to fish.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We will most likely be in the dike 3 area. If you want to look me up, please do. My truck will be on the side of the road, a green dodge dakota with a topper on it. Look for a green eskimo quickflip III shelter with the happy fisherman inside of it.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I love Granby! We had a nice mac on the ice in the first 5 mins. Between the 2 of us we had 9 landed by lunch averaging 18 inches. The ones that got away were much, much larger.
We used tube jigs, 2 inch with green tails and red heads tipped with a piece of sucker meat.
The ice was good, average of 6 inches.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
We were east of dike 3, south of inspiration ridge, fairly close to shore in about 34 fow. We punched several holes after initial set up, and decided to stay where we were. Every time we left to drill new holes, we would come back to at least one pole with a fish on and stripping line. Why move when that happens?
About 10 of us are heading out on new year's day to the same spot.

·
Registered
829 Posts
East side of the lake is a boat ramp, also parking area. Don't know how far you would have to pull shelther on ice, but this would be best area to get shelther on ice and off. could I have a lime for boubon on ice

1 - 13 of 13 Posts