Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm looking to try and catch one of the big lakers at Granby this coming Saturday. Only problem is I've never fished Lake Granby in my life, and its kind of an intimidating lake to just drive the 3 hours and blindly drill holes. I'm not looking for specifics but if anyone would be willing to give me a hint at a general area to try it would be greatly appreciated. PM me with any information you're willing to share, and thank you in advance!

Tight lines and be safe out there.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
first of all cnr all bigguns. lake map. tube jig. electronics. patience. try anything, its just a matter of beeing in the right place in the right time.

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
This weekend is the big tournament, so you will have lots of company out there, make friends and ask questions

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh that is good to know that there's a tourny going on up there! I'm caught some. Nice lakers out of Blue Mesa years back when I lived on the western slope, but now that I'm in the metro area I have a hard time getting all the way over there very often, so I'm hoping Granby will be able to satify my itch for the big Macs, and no worries I alway practice CPR with the big girls. I like the smaller ones for eating anyway.

·
P I K E
10,114 Posts
Do the big girls actually need it when you practice CPR on them? :rolleyes::biggrin1:

·
Registered
414 Posts
Call Bernie Keefe, you can`t find a better guide. What you learn in one day with him will turn you into an expert.......no lie.

970 531 2318

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Call Bernie Keefe, you can`t find a better guide. What you learn in one day with him will turn you into an expert.......no lie.

970 531 2318
It takes a lot more than one day out with an expert to become an expert. No doubt going out with a guide would help a guy off to the right start and shorten the learning curve , but IMO, everybody has different things, and ways that work best for them, it takes awhile to get it all dialed in. That's one of the fun things about the sport. Its awesome when you can hit your groove, get into your zone and have success.

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
^^^ yep. I got Clear Creek dialed in last Spring and early summer and it was awesome having 15-30 fish days every trip. :) not as cool as big Lakers, but 10-14 inch Brownies on ultralight gear in a stream is still a blast. :)

·
Registered
147 Posts
Im here at granby now (hotel) I fished today around sunset cove and dike 3 with no luck at all! I'm gonna give it a try again tomorrow. Good luck. (I have no vex)

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
Im here at granby now (hotel) I fished today around sunset cove and dike 3 with no luck at all! I'm gonna give it a try again tomorrow. Good luck. (I have no vex)
Try a little ways out from sunset point or the areas around dike 1..

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
What's the ice look like up there? Planning on heading up tomorrow.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts