Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems like Granby was a good place to fish on Saturday. Full moon jinx,..not. On ice at 7:30AM, stayed 'til 4PM. Wind came up a little after 2PM, but not too bad. We were off-centered off dike3, 60 fow. No biggies this day,.but did c&r 2 -25 inchers, a few 22's and 21's, .and 1/2 dozen 14-16 wannabes. kept a 19 incher for din. Ice is funny, but safe. 3-4 inches snow,..on top of 4-5 inches frozen slush, and 12 inches or so of good solid ice. Snowmobile-friendly, wish I would have brought it. But a good walk is good for the heart? Fish marked all day on flashers.

PS,....Actually put on sunscreen! Been saying that after burning the face in March and April for the last few years. Needed it, and it works. :eek: ;D

·
Registered
427 Posts
Thanks for the report Ed.Hope it lasts until the first week of April.Family will be in town and want to fish it hard for 3 days.

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Clay, I hope there would be ice then. A couple years ago, we were icing it in early May. Not so this year, I'm afraid.

A couple pics. Please enjoy! (Thanks Jeff, for e-mailing them to me.)

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks swan, and Ray.
Cap't, think we met you on the ice. You drove up on your snowmobile just when I was landing a fish, somewhat off dike3. If that was you, nice talking to you. We have caught some nice fish there,..a nice feeding flat, leading into deep water on 3 sides. Don't tell anyone. ;D That army of fisherman to the north and east of us, hope you all had a good day.

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Thanks for the report, sounds like a good time.

captain shuyak said:
I counted 35 people out there and went to a different spot due to the crowd. Glad you had a good day, we did fair on Sat. and I just had 2 fish Sun. but one was a 36" fatty.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Nice fish!

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
oh man... good to hear granby is still fishing... have to acquire gas and hit it one or two more times..... that slush is crazy on that lake.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts