Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What a great turnout on granby today. Thanks to Terry for the glow in the dark tube jig and the minnows along with the directions on where to go. Nice to meet you Capnhook.

The fishing seemed pretty slow all day. Between 3 of us we took home 4 lakers about 18-21 inches. Fried em up in butter for supper. Caught all of them in about 40 FOW straight out from dike 3. How did everyone else do?

Travis

·
Registered
297 Posts
Wanted to thank Terry again myself. Had a great time out there today.caught 10 total released all but 2 they were hooked to bad. Thanks again

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
Everyone there knows I had the better part of a skunk working for most of the day. I found it strange that after Zman headed from our party, to distant shores, I started catching fish. I wonder if it could have been just coincidence?

·
Registered
862 Posts
yea today was awesome that was also pretty cool how Terre caught 4 fish in 5 minutes...lol (she did really..) I also want to thank you terre for giving me a lift on up there I had a blast....I hope we can do it again sometime... today for me I did pretty good caught a few nice lakers pretty quick in the morning slowed down in the afternoon but I continued to get consistant bites for the better part of the day....everyone left me and Rad over by ourselves and we did pretty good runnin back n forth from pole to pole it was pretty coo...l so when and where is the next get together Id like to go on atleast one more ice fishing get together somewhere anyone have any thoughts????Terre thx again for everything

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Big thanks Terre, the jigs the bait and the lessons I probably would of had the skunk today with out your mad skills.
Big thanks to Bernie for the GPS coordinates.
Big thanks to Mark and Joe for the entertainment, the food and the sled.
Big thanks to Looney for the great vexilar play by plays.
Big thanks to Ken for the ride and not catching any fish tell the end of the day to make me look good.
Big thanks to everyone who showed up.
I had a great time and met alot of new people, I took alot of pictures and since I have been up for 33 hours straight I will have to post them tomorrow, sorry guys. I stopped off at safeway to get that monster I caught weighed but it was just shy of the record so no use posting about it. :p

·
Registered
555 Posts
So, you guys didn't get the strong winds from 11 am - probably right now, that Green Mountain had? Hmmm, I think I went to the wrong lake, :). Sounds like you all had a great time, good for all of you! Maybe I'll have to drop in at a future get together, take care.

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
Well that was a blast...when is the next one?...I wish Lake John were  closer...

The day started foggy and damp (which was great because you knew once the fog lifted it was going to be a bluebird sky day and  it was)...cold to start...got there around 8 am...Terre chose one of Bernies preproggrammed spots...it was a winner...there were already many people out there...we trudged out 3/4 of a mile or so...set up in 54 feet of water...I caught 3 for the day...two on the standard glow jig...one on a kasty...numerous other hits...I was surprised half the time even though you are close to the bottom they seem to hit from below...you are jigging and can feel every drop and...get a cadence going mesmerized into a trance like jig lift drop...feel the jig drop...lift drop...lift drop...and all of a sudden nothing like there isnt anything on the end of your line...and the light goes on that a fish has grabbed it and was swimming upwards with the jig and you are scrambling upwards and walking backwards with your rod trying to get a hookset...that I hadnt ever felt with trout before...

Ken - thanks for the website...without it I wouldnt have met all the great people...I hope the US Forest Service doesnt give you a ticket for promoting your magazine without a license...if they give you a ticket let me know...I will kick in $20...

Epic - waita catch fish like a mad man!...

Eric from Steamboat...thanks for chatter with Joe and I...and look forward to fishing with you again...Joe and I will come to Stagecoach...you want to guide the trip?...he rocked the fish like Epic...

Terre...Thanks for everything and all you did...one gracious hard fishing knowledgeable lady...and for hauling my grill and little cooler back...she has a sled the size that looks like it should be pulled by Clydesdales...

Looney...dont tell me God doesnt have a sense of humor giving you that last name!...bwahahahahahahahahahahhaha!!!...just for being you...priceless...

Joe...had the first fish on and didnt catch one the rest of the day...and it looked like a good one...thanks for yapping the entire day and entertaining the troops...God I cant wait to fish with you and Looney...my sides will be aching...dont be offended if I bring ear plugs!...like they would help...

I do wish I would of done a few things differently...I got too locked in on the scenery and trying to feel bites...I didnt make the rounds and meet enough people...stayed on the perimeter and watched...I wish I would of changed lures more often too...I forgot to pull out my made over new rainbow flavored Chubby Darter...guess the lunkers at Lake John next weekend will see that beauty...

Ken and Terre...thanks again for all the work...

And last but not least...Bernie...thanks for taking and answering questions...this man guides and knows Granby and it's Lakers as well as any man living...and from my talking to and listening to him has a great sense of humor...if you want to learn something about lakers and Granby and have a great time...hire him as a guide...I plan to...Ken has and said it was a hoot...so thanks!

And too bad Dan didnt make it...you were missed!...didnt have any groin pulls yesterday did you?...accidents at work...a funny cold feeling?...

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
It was a fun day and it was nice to meet everyone. I was happy to help. It was a big team effort, Bernie giving us some locations to try, Looney's magical fish dance (LMFD), Zman's lunch, and Ken for making it happen. In hindsight, I should have watched LMFD more closely.

Dan, I saw some scary stuff yesterday!

·
Registered
943 Posts
thanks terre for the bait and the jig. i'll tell you ewhat guys i'd put her up against anyone in a fishing contest on granby she knows her stuff. thanks zman for the grub. it was nice seeing pitbull, cpt hook, epic,arkfisher and everyone else again and meeting some new people. hatchmaster congrats on your first laker and having the humility to bring the wife and let her catch more and bigger fish. thanks to co.trout for the ride and company. that was one of the funnest days of fishing i have ever had. p.s. i am going to try and post some pics ;D

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
Glad to hear the day was a great success! Wish I could have made it but work has to be done. :( While you wee busy catching fish I was busy with stupid people who did stupid things and thought a small suturable cut on finger required an ambulance.

What Scary things did you see Terre? I am sure it had something to do with you know who.

Dan

Zman, looks like Harriman is fishable................

·
Registered
879 Posts
What a good day on the lake. Good weather and GREAT people. Made new friends, can never have too many friends. The fish could have co-operated a little better in my case but hey, now I have something to look forward to.

Thanks to fyraxe for driving and for listening to my lame stories. I'll let you now about Wolford later in the week.

Thanks to Walks on Water for the info and showing us where to go. Even though it was a place where he new he would catch the most fish. He even rigged a pole with his surefire, no miss bait, lowered it down my hole and I still got skunked.

Thanks Terre for being the glue on this get together. Hope your new ice rods are ready from Brett before Spring gets here.

Ken, Thanks for the site.

Ken, Epic, Z-man and the other pro rainbow trout ice-jigging fanatics that I talked to while leaving. Stick with your day jobs, not one fish while I was there for those 3 minutes. How disapointing.

Good luck to all Colorado Fisherman on the ice this winter.

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
DanDan,

Yes several people brought their kids. Mine were horseback riding ::) ::), I guess some people think riding horses through the cool mountain air on a beautiful sunny day is more fun than standing in 3 inches of slush, watching skim ice form on a 8" round hole.

Dan, it did have to do with you know who. ePic has a couple photos, I'm just glad he couldn't find a blonde.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I'd have to agree with everyone. Weather was perfect. The people I met was great. Terre giving me the magical glow jig put on my white airplane jig. It landed me 5 fish. Also helpled me in missing about the same. Thanks to Mark , Zman I take it, good food and fun. Nice to have a guy like Joe out there to make fun of, losing the biggest fish of the day, than getting skunked. Good laughs there. It was great to fish with Ken and Epic. Epic and I holes were 10 feet apart and on most of the day, producing great action.
Nice to me fishing looney, showing me how awesome electronics could be. Too bad I don't have the $400 to purchase one, but very interesting. I wish he could have stayed longer. The fish followed the man.
Overall a great day, met some great new fishing friends. can't wait to fish with any of you again. Stagecoach anyone???? Debating now if I go out for a dusk fish..?? huh..

·
Registered
133 Posts
I sounds like I missed a great time. I'm really hoping there is another one.
But the weekend was not a total loss. Several nice trout at Stagecoach, and a few cuts and my first grayling at Pearl Lake.

Next time...

·
Registered
127 Posts
I'd just like to say I'm truly impressed with this web site,the people who put it together,& the members that I was able to meet this week-end.What a great bunch of people.Really enjoyed riding up and fishing with fyraxe & mojo.Thank you TALO for the jig ,even though I only had 1 hit on it...think I need to work on my technique??? caught 4 out of 5 on straight up sucker meat on a hook ;D(works for me)Looking forward to the next get together & meeting more of the members 8)

M

·
0 Posts
I wish I woke up a tad earlier. My dad, my friend, and I managed to find James, I think you said your name was James, and we fished in a very mini get together with him for a few hours.

No fish, but one my dad had on for a minute or two till it got off.

Where next?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts