Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
Per "Fishing With Bernie Newsletter March/April 2014‏" that i received today:

"Can you believe its already April, the end of ice fishing season is quickly approaching. The weather continues to surprise us, snow and windy in the morning and warm and sunny in the afternoons! We have had some great days, with over 3' of ice and the spring bite is doing well."

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Windy lately with Snow flurries every day, gonna be a long ice season and late ice off is my prediction.

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Granby

I wanna go camping I was thinking either along the co river so I could fish granby or eleven mile res. I have never fished granby before and was wondering if you guys could just give me some general guidelines on where to go. Camping along the co river should be open right?

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Also all I have is a crappy hand auger. Will there be open holes up there that I could use or should I try and find a gas auger?

·
P I K E
10,163 Posts
Also all I have is a crappy hand auger. Will there be open holes up there that I could use or should I try and find a gas auger?
there's a good auger 4 sale right now in the buy & sell section! Have fun!

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
If you make it up to Granby try to get ahold of me if you need help,or an auger to borrow, good bite going on now.

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If you make it up to Granby try to get ahold of me if you need help,or an auger to borrow, good bite going on now.
That's really nice of you man. We ended up going to Dillon/the blue but I wanna make it up to granby soon before it all melts

·
Registered
21 Posts
grandy ice condition

Ice is still good 3 feet. Fished Saturday am ice gets soft about noon and slush spots form. Its going to hold for a while with new snow and cooler nights.

·
P I K E
10,163 Posts
Great, THX for the report!!! Guess I might have to hit it Saturday!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts