Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hit Granby yesterday with my uncle in search of some lakers. We fished a couple of spots in bewteen arapaho bay and the dam, mainly in about forty feet of water. Ice is about 8" thick with a couple inches of slush which was mostly froze over again on top so it wasn't really wet out there. We got there at a little after seven am and hit the road a little after six pm. There were quite a few people out there, most people were fishing close to the main dam. Fishing was slow, by mid day most of the crowd was gone. And it sounded like no one was doing real well. I fished: two colors of airplane jigs, three different sizes/colors of tube jigs, a large jigging spoon, and a couple of leadhead jigs w/ sucker meat. I only landed one dink to break the skunk. Still fun to get out and have a shot at a big fish :). Not a real exciting report I know, but I've told a few cf members I was going up there so here's my report. I'm going to add a pic of my uncle from our last trip up there. Tight lines everyone.

Here's our set up. I did bring out my stove to have coffee on the ice.

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Great report, and thanks. Fishing has been a little tough for us so far in 3 trips to the G. We still manage to catch fish, altho nothing too big. (yet). Late ice, slush/water in the holes, an inability to get to spots on the snowmobiles, and an increase in the water elevation, has us scrambling around to find the hotty-hole. We will abide. They do have to eat. ;D

·
Registered
11 Posts
How would you say the ice is? Think its ok for all the snowmobiles going up this weekend for the tourney... I'm a lol weary about bringing mine with all this slush talk!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I know I hope not...hopefully these next couple of days get bitter cold and at least freeze the slush on top of the ice... Fishing in slush is almost worst then fishing in wind!!!

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the replies guys. 8)

Mrwigglestheworm said:
Still some good info in the report, for peeps who are lookin' to head up to the G... ;)

A dink is always better than the skunk!
Yes! It sure was nice to see that rod tip bend!

unbelievemeable said:
How would you say the ice is? Think its ok for all the snowmobiles going up this weekend for the tourney... I'm a lol weary about bringing mine with all this slush talk!
First lert me say I'm no expert on snowmobiles but the ice seemed good and strong. Around 8" of good clear ice with a couple inches of slush part way fozen on top. Really the slush wasn't bad when I was there but might get messy if there's some warm weather up there. Anyway about the sleds people did have 'em out there on Sunday and I didn't see any problems....

Again thanks for the replies guys. Tight lines.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
yeah it was reallly slushy two weeks ago.... didnt seem too bad when i was just up there too. i think i might have been up there the same day as you.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
One sure beats the black & white creature!! Cool...

D.J.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts