Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished with Epic and a friend

Same spot, really good for big fish in the morning, consistently slow the rest of the day.

- 1 25" MAC with a bonus Kokanee included - head first in its mouth. Picture included.

- I had another 30"+ on head first in the hole. Tried to do a "do it yourself" landing job, spit the hook, and watched it do an impressive reversal backing out of the hole and into the Granby depths. This was definitely an unintentional release.
- I caught around 10-15 with the same white tube jig. They were on the whole smaller than the ones last Saturday. 
- Had better landing %, but no change in technique.
- I had 2 other large fish on in addition to the ones above (probably 25+), but lost them.
- My friend caught caught 2.
- Ice getting sketchy

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
As a FYI, I am really interested in fishing the Granby tournament. One small problem: I have no boat. I would be willing to pay the entry fee if someone has the boat...

Wayne
303 932 1281

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
so that mac had a belly full and more of koke and he still ate your jig? wow

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Redneck Wayne said:
- Ice getting sketchy
Haha, whats the matter you dont like falling threw 3-5 inches of ice onto solid ice? Man no matter how often that happened to me it almost gave me a heart attack each time. I had a good time fishing with you 2, it was pretty cool being the only 3 people out on a like the size of Granby.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Co.Trout said:
Great fishing experience. Wanted to go up this weekend one last time is the ice safe or would you advise against it?
I think it should still be safe, the ice was still pretty thick... it was just the sluch ontop froze over night and when you stepped on it, it collapsed. As long as you use a little bit of cation it should be plenty fine.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Thats awsome, i once caught a 4# smallmouth with the tail of a big shad hanging out of its mouth. It fun to get on fish when they are feeding that heavily.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts