Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are many reports that granby ice is sketch while others say granby is good to go.........I'm headed up either way not too discouraged by what I'm reading...... looks like I'm going to have to see for myself......on the other hand it would be nice to know......
Either way.......I hope all of you are finding some good ice and can't wait to hear your stories!

·
Registered
297 Posts
check the ice as you go, It looked like the shoreline by the highway (near the overlook) might have opened up today. Its been very warm, sunny and kinda breezy. Like I said please check the ice with a spud bar as you walk out.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I was at granby yesterday...... caught two lakers...... missed a few strikes. Rainbow bay had 4-5 inches of ice covered in snow.......I fished the humps near dike three and ice there was about the same but slick...... some sketchy cracks too. As the day went on the sun and wind didn't do the ice any favors.... also didn't mark many on the sonar.....had a great day in all! Can't wait to get back out there.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yesterday I was back up at Granby :) Ice is 4-6 inches in most places......Me and a buddy fished rainbow bay and near deer island. We both caught lakers averaging between 16-20 inches long...... the morning bite was hot! We had overcast sky's until about noon than sunny the rest of the day. I had a great day fishing......I want to go back!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Yes people are taking a few sleds on the lake. Just have to be careful there are a few pressure ridges on the lake. One runs from shore to Harvey island. Well while typing this I just saw my first 2 sleds cross the bad ridge. That's good news it kinda split the lake. As far as snow maybe 1.5". Bite way better today and into a little better fish.

·
Registered
4,800 Posts
Was there today and it sucked one of those " You should have been here yesterday statements from everyone I talked too" Oh well that's fishing. The weather was beautiful and zero traffic coming or going . Caught some small ones had lookers the whole time they just wouldn't commit. Checked out the new tackle store in Granby and thought it was pretty nice the owner was really a nice guy.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts