Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it still good? Because of the **** weather out east being forecasted for Saturday... I was planning on going to fish for lakers instead.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
I measured 14"s of hard ice and 4" of frozen slush yesterday, not changing much this week, shorelines a little soft in the afternoons.
Fish are in great shape and biting good.

·
Registered
9,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I measured 14"s of hard ice and 4" of frozen slush yesterday, not changing much this week, shorelines a little soft in the afternoons.
Fish are in great shape and biting good.
Thanks, Steve! I might bring the grill and BBQ Sunday since fat cats is closed for a month. If you're in town, come by. I'll probably be a little out from sunset point.

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Thanks, Steve! I might bring the grill and BBQ Sunday since fat cats is closed for a month. If you're in town, come by. I'll probably be a little out from sunset point.
Skinny pussies closed...hardly worth coming up then.
If it's not sunny I won't get high on my snow machine and see you out there.
Watch those shorelines Moses.

·
Registered
9,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lol. I'd go to Willys but the lows in parshall have been above freezing every night and in the 50s/60s during the day. Just kinda killing time..

·
Registered
9,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Lol I was lurking the other site and saw another thread about granby.... Dude must know something we don't. Lots of scaredycats.... Haha. More for me.

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Lol I was lurking the other site and saw another thread about granby.... Dude must know something we don't. Lots of scaredycats.... Haha. More for me.
Reading some of that stuff sure makes my beer taste better...Warm water coming down from Monarch was a good one lol.

·
Registered
24,633 Posts
Reading some of that stuff sure makes my beer taste better...Warm water coming down from Monarch was a good one lol.
I liked the one about the snow insulating the ice and the warming water from below eating away the ice...Steve must of hit his seasonal geothermal springs switch!...them big time construction dudes can build anything!...man with water, sand and portland cement you can build anything!

·
Registered
9,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You'll think it'll firm up with the cold?

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Cool site Dave, as you can see the ice was in great shape today with 14" of black ice and 3" of frozen slush that will turn into a mess as soon as it warms up.

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Bring on the heat! I still have my fingers crossed for next weekend.
It's heating up but I'm saying it ain't gonna happen. Ice fished today, most all the shorelines were still good and still over 12"s of good ice.
I'll be back out on Saturday and expecting the top 3"s to be sloppy by then.

·
Registered
9,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It's heating up but I'm saying it ain't gonna happen. Ice fished today, most all the shorelines were still good and still over 12"s of good ice.
Let me know.

I wanna go east but I also want one more shot at granby too

·
Registered
938 Posts
Damn, well then maybe its time I rethink where we will be fishing. Does anyone know if shadow mountain and Grand lake still frozen over as well?

·
Registered
938 Posts
Bernie had his boat on Shadow I beleve...
Yeah I saw that a couple weeks ago, but it was just a small section of the lake that was open. If all else fails I'll probably be able to dunk the boat there. Maybe Green Mountain if that opens up.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts