Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dad and I showed up to Lake Granby on Sunday at about 11:00 am and settled in at the coves around dike three (as directed by kokaneeking) for a hard-core snagging bout with the seemingly thinned out salmon.  I snagged one fish within thirty minutes.  After three persistent hours and only one fish landed we headed to Big Rays to have a draft (or two) and watch some of the Broncos game.  At  3:30 we went back to dike 3 and landed five more until 7:00.  Monday morning proved slow as well as we were only able to bank two more in three hours.  The best snagging proved to be in the last hours of daylight  The fish were showing themselves but very scarcely and with few fish being caught by all anglers in the area tells me the salmon are thinning out considerably (at least in the dike 3 area).  The fish that were caught were very red and starting to get soft wich may mean the kokanee class of 2005 at Granby is coming to an end.  I would suggest the locals to give it a quik try but don't waste your time to snag if your a out-of-towner like I am.   

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Good report, glad I was able to catch some kokanees before the spawn tailed off.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
sorry to hear about the bad luck, i know that there is a lot that run to that cove, but yes they are thining out i snaged four the past saturday,when kokanee turn red they dont have much time left to live, there is still afew lakes that havent started yet like carter, taylor

·
Registered
279 Posts
Gotta love that sport. It's tough to figure out exactly when to get after them because their spawn can be different year to year.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts