Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Friday fishing was hot, Saturday was good, and Sunday was a little on the slower side. I probally put around fourty fish on the ice between the three days. My Dad also iced as many. Our group ranged from three to eight people and Dad and I did the best. My largest was on Friday which weighed 3.89 lbs and was 22 1/8" long :(. I took her up to weigh and they DQ'ed the fish. We have Mesuring sticks out there with us but I figured that it would be worth trying anyways. My smallest came on Sunday which was about 12". Dad caught a 26" that weighed 7 lbs. A guy who fished near us caught 10, 12, and 14 pounders all on Friday. All of those were 30" and above. Dad took 4th on Friday and I took 8th on Saturday.

Side note all fish weighed for us were released. We would quickly weigh the fish making sure to be gentle, lay it in a 5 gallon bucket about half way full of water, zoom it across the lake and get it weighed, than bring them back for slow revival in the hole. All fish swam off under their own power.

Fridays Sunrise. By the way, Very cold mornings. My fingers hate me now!

Dads winning fish.

Dads big fish.

Even my wife got into the action.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Almost forgot. A guy in our group opened up one of his macks to eat and it was full of corn and pink salmon flesh. **** pisses me off about seeing/hearing about macks in Granby being feed this crap. From what I've heard corn is extremely harsh on fish because it can not be degested properly therefore keeping the fish from eating because its stomach is full. You know that the people responsible for this are dumping cans of it into lake for chum.

·
Banned
1,157 Posts
:D corn in corn out, thats the way the kernal cruse's. nice mac though, ive never cought one or even fished for them, im going to grn mnt friday to see if i can get one. nice report.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
is corn illegal?i use it for kokes, didnt know macks like it.what is wrong with pink salmon flesh? just asking. also i did not know you could weigh a fish then release it . thats cool that is why i avoid those contest cause i didnt like having to kill a fish just to win money.

·
Registered
16,529 Posts
littlemac said:
is corn illegal?i use it for kokes, didnt know macks like it.what is wrong with pink salmon flesh? just asking. also i did not know you could weigh a fish then release it . thats cool that is why i avoid those contest cause i didnt like having to kill a fish just to win money.
Corn is legal, Chumming is illegal-

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just noticed that Dad has his fingers inside the gill plate. We're still edumacating him on the safe handling of these beasts. He was pretty excited!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts